Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Slipping to sharp focus- is it all over?  (Read 2701 times)
DMR

« on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 11:48:49 »

Next two games- Bradford and Wednesday away.

Optimistically we could get 2 points, realistically they'll yield 0.

That, mes amis, will probably put us at least 10-12 points beyond 6th place alone. I cannot shake the feeling that we're not going to make it, the inconsistency is just too, well, inconsistent. Nows the time we're supposed to have a firm idea of whose gonna make the shake-up come May- and I don't think it's going to be us.

Go for LDV
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 12:19:57 »

I bet we win both and then you'll look stupid. Ahahahaha.

Or I will :(
Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 12:56:38 »

I hate how posts duplicate here and on thisisstfc....   Tongue

Surely the inconsistency has been too consistent, not inconsistent?

Knowing Swindon, we will probably get something out of the next two games, but as you say if we don't we are potentially 11 points off the pace which, at this stage, is a hell of a way.  Lets see what Monday brings.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 13:07:51 »

Roughly speaking another 40 points from 21 games will probably put us around the PO's at season's end....this will require something like W 12 D4 L5, ...or  W 11 D 7 L3.

In other words a couple of major unbeaten runs.....it would be a huge surprise, and I for one cannot see it happening.

The LDV is crucial.....if we could just find one decent performance away from home.....but again can't see it happening....any half decent, well motivated side will turn us over at the moment.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 14:51:32 »

Quote from: "Fiisch"
I hate how posts duplicate here and on thisisstfc....   Tongue

Surely the inconsistency has been too consistent, not inconsistent?

Knowing Swindon, we will probably get something out of the next two games, but as you say if we don't we are potentially 11 points off the pace which, at this stage, is a hell of a way.  Lets see what Monday brings.

I said the same thing on thisis.... because it needs to be discussed. We really ought to be kicking on this season and we're not
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 15:34:40 »

I hate the way King gets blamed for the players' lack of commitment.
Yesterday I don't think Fergie could've got them going to be honest, and that's why I think we will struggle to beat teams that are physical.
Bradford played football at the CG so maybe we will be able to beat them, and we've already done  the double over Wednesday so there's no reason not to make it the treble.
Then there's Blackpool who are more than beatable.

If there is ever a time for us to start turning things around it has to be the next 2 weeks, but it is down to the players as much as the manager. Afterall, King tried 3 different formations yesterday and not 1 worked. ALL DOWN TO THE PLAYERS' LETHARGIC PERFORMANCE.
Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 18:43:55 »

Is the same football club who beat Giants Arsenal 3 -1 ? The players of then didn't give up when the Gooners equalized and we wont. Two happy away days will have everyone all smiley and touching king;'s willy again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: