Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quiz (from 17/10/2014  (Read 4411 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 20:46:00 »

20. CHOW MEIN and FOO YUNG.    Smiley

.....and is the answer to Q1 the SNP rather than the Greens?

Yep...the Green Party leader was in the news for being arrested in some protest or other...rather than being elected, now I think about it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 09:04:53 »

Friday Quiz October 17th 2014
1.   Which UK political parted has selected a new leader this week?  Scottish Nationalist Party (SNP) 
2.   Which divorcee has just paid nearly £40m for a new London home ?  Elisabeth Murdoch 
3.   Total Wipeout was filmed at a course in which country?  Argentina             
4.   Name the film.    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

5.   Plantain is the cooking variety of which fruit?  Banana                                                                       
6.   What festival marks the Jewish New Year?  Rosh Hashanah 
7.   What poisonous plant has drooping purple flowers and a black, cherry-like fruit?  Deadly Nightshade / Belladonna 
8.   What connects the US State of North Carolina and a British bicycle manufacturer?  Raleigh (the state capital of NC)   
9.   What links these pictures?       Turkey (three consecutive strikes at 10-pin bowling is a ‘turkey’; Cappadocia in Turkey)

10.   In which far-flung city would you find this?     Timbuktu
11.   What is an eagle’s nest called?  Eyrie 
12.   Which common word when capitalized turns from a noun or verb into a nationality?  Polish.  I’ll reluctantly accept Scotch, although I’m aware that most Scots prefer ‘Scottish’ or ‘Scots'.     
13.   Who is this?    Christopher Plummer
14.   In a set of numbers, what word describes the number that occurs the most often?  Mode 
15.   Which province of Russia is completely separated geographically from the rest of the Russian Federation?  Kaliningrad   
16.   In biology, what word for a minute body or cell in an organism, especially a red and white blood cell, comes from the Latin for ‘little body’?  Corpuscle 
17.   In which classic  British comedy of the 1960s and 1970s is one of the main characters married to Elizabeth, who is never seen on screen?  Dad’s Army.  She is married to Captain Mainwaring 

18.   From the clues below, determine the four numbers I am thinking of:  The sum of all four numbers is 31.  One of the numbers is odd.  The highest number minus the lowest number is 7.  If you subtract one of the middle numbers from the other it equals two.  There are no duplicate numbers.   5 6 8 and 12   

19.   What links these pictures:  Christina Aguilera.  She began her career appearing in the Mickey Mouse Club.  She recorded ‘Genie in a bottle’ and ‘Dirty’.  She starred in the film ‘Burlesque’. 

20.   Unscramble the two 2 foodstuffs  :  C E F G H I M N N O O O U W Y  CHOW MEIN & FOO YUNG

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 09:13:52 »

Yep...the Green Party leader was in the news for being arrested in some protest or other...rather than being elected, now I think about it.

/pedant

Jenny Jones isn't the green leader, she's a London Assembly member. Natalie Bennett is the leader. (It's also not Caroline Lucas, who used to be the leader and is their only MP). The Greens seem to change leader a lot, and didn't officially have a leader at all until a few years ago.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 09:45:44 »

/pedant

Jenny Jones isn't the green leader, she's a London Assembly member. Natalie Bennett is the leader. (It's also not Caroline Lucas, who used to be the leader and is their only MP). The Greens seem to change leader a lot, and didn't officially have a leader at all until a few years ago.

Thanks for that, always worth pointing out mistakes....got some decent quizzes coming up....might make the difference
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: