Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27896 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 13:44:44 »

What an odd game to choose for your first of the season....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 13:56:47 »

A few people criticising Wes for holding the ball, walking too far with it etc... when the real issue was that the 10 players in front of him were standing still, marked, waiting for somebody else to give him an option. When our lot did move it opened Rochdale up - the ball through the middle to Williams wasn't the only occasion they left a chasm for us to exploit. Problem was we didn't.

That was my first game of the season. I'm now thinking twice about the 400 mile round trip for the City game.

To clarify my point about Wes, it wasn't actually a criticism of him holding onto the ball too long. As you say, there was little movement in front of him and lumping it forward aimlessly was clearly not going to happen. This improved in the second half as Reeves and Williams actually ran and created some options for Wes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 15:02:23 »

Hills view:

"It was exciting and I enjoyed the whole game," added Hill. "I enjoyed watching the opposition as well.

"It was a great contest and I must admit going into the last 15 minutes, when it's two each, I don't know what to do.

"I'm half thinking, 'what the hell do we do here?' Because they're an unbelievable side.

"It was a really good game to be involved in and I really, really enjoyed it."

Seems he thought it could of gone either way as well.

Clems Army!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 11:20:23 »

What an odd game to choose for your first of the season....

It was the first game where I've been within 150 miles of Swindon, so it made sense.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 11:21:53 »

Hills view:

"It was exciting and I enjoyed the whole game," added Hill. "I enjoyed watching the opposition as well.

"It was a great contest and I must admit going into the last 15 minutes, when it's two each, I don't know what to do.

"I'm half thinking, 'what the hell do we do here?' Because they're an unbelievable side.

"It was a really good game to be involved in and I really, really enjoyed it."

Seems he thought it could of gone either way as well.

This is good to read. Glad it's not just Town fans and players that are excited from our play. Just need to tighten up at the back and only then can we possibly go up.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 12:23:10 »

Town fans weren't excited where I was sat....
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: