Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27727 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 20:50:06 »

I know commentators are saying we have been found out

The same was said last season after a bad game. It also happened under PDC. The Washbag are one of the prime culprits.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 21:00:12 »

I don't think it helped that Rodgers came out and said it last night during his post match interview
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 21:01:05 »

Is Thompson (N) back on Saturday ?

No. Cooper did say that the toffee fella will be involved in some capacity on Saturday
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 21:54:31 »

Don't think there is too much to worry about. We were bound to lose at some point and October/November is normally when unbeaten home runs go when you have made a good start. The performance levels were there, it wasn't a lethargic disinterested performance but bad defensive errors.

Will need to ensure we pick up plenty of home wins as we can't expect to win away all the time. Looking back to 09/10 season it was about this point of the season Austin and Paynter clicked and their goals his our defensive frailties. It's the results between the clocks changing in October and March that determine how well your season goes. We are ahead of last season in lots of ways so there should still be optimism
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 07:00:09 »

Rochdale were like a better Yeovil basically. Stifled us very well, pinged balls over the top for their two workhorses to chase. Ultimately it was individual mistakes that cost us. Byrne was fantastic but to keep constantly putting the ball to him was predictable very early on (although he still caused them some trouble). Bell struggled again, and that ended up with us being a bit lopsided. Obika and Reeves helped us pick the game up and we really should've won it after that. Their keepers made some fantastic saves and they've absolutely snatched it at the end.

You're gonna be the victim of a few smash and grabs. The real downside to this is that the patience the fans have had (sort of) will completely disappear v Colchester when they park the bus on Saturday.

I'm not massively worried, we all knew this would happen and we still did enough to win the game. The biggest disappointment for me was the crowd. Under 7K when we're 3rd in the league is fucking dreadful. We were getting more than that under Hart when we were shit and bottom.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 07:20:02 »

The biggest disappointment for me was the crowd. Under 7K when we're 3rd in the league is fucking dreadful. We were getting more than that under Hart when we were shit and bottom.

Always lower on a Tuesday night with ppl working shifts etc
Plus the weather was awful no doubt putting a lot off travelling.

Expected higher myself after no home games for a month
REDBUCK

« Reply #186 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 07:26:47 »

Is Thompson (N) back on Saturday ?

Auto two match ban for two red cards
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #187 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 09:21:07 »

You're gonna be the victim of a few smash and grabs.
Don't think it was a smash and grab. They had their tactics spot on letting us have as much possession as we wanted in our half, pressing and pinging balls into the space behind our wingbacks. they worked hard, were organised and are a decent side. They've got a good manager and make the best of what they've got. Their away record is decent. For me personally, I give the opposition credit.   
kerry red

« Reply #188 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 09:25:21 »

Yeah, Keith Hill is an OK manager but looks like Worzel Gummidge and I didn't particularly enjoy him and his assistant winding up the old folk in the Arkells.

Seems he could actually be a bit of a cock
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 09:36:16 »

Should have worn your crowman outfit, Audrey. Would have kept him quiet.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 09:38:43 »

Don't think it was a smash and grab. They had their tactics spot on letting us have as much possession as we wanted in our half, pressing and pinging balls into the space behind our wingbacks. they worked hard, were organised and are a decent side. They've got a good manager and make the best of what they've got. Their away record is decent. For me personally, I give the opposition credit.   

Spot on Chalkies. Summed up what I think to a tee.

They've won 5-2, 4-0 and 3-2 away from home and I don't think this is down to fluke.

when Wes had it, he had the ball for about a minute before doing anything with it. When their keeper had it, he immediately launched it to their left winger, which worked, almost all the time!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 10:17:57 »

Spot on Chalkies. Summed up what I think to a tee.

They've won 5-2, 4-0 and 3-2 away from home and I don't think this is down to fluke.

when Wes had it, he had the ball for about a minute before doing anything with it. When their keeper had it, he immediately launched it to their left winger, which worked, almost all the time!

There is a limit to how much credit though, we had the chances to win the game 2nd half by someway without doubt. And they scored direct from 2 corners so that doesn't affect their tactics of pressing etc. With thompson/branco playing instead of kasim CB i don't think their tactic would have worked. It would then have been interesting to see if they continued the long ball or mixed it up.
REDBUCK

« Reply #192 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 11:08:57 »

Football is great isn't it:-)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 11:22:19 »

Auto two match ban for two red cards

Think it was a 1 match for the red card and 1 match for 5 yellows
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, October 23, 2014, 13:16:54 »

A few people criticising Wes for holding the ball, walking too far with it etc... when the real issue was that the 10 players in front of him were standing still, marked, waiting for somebody else to give him an option. When our lot did move it opened Rochdale up - the ball through the middle to Williams wasn't the only occasion they left a chasm for us to exploit. Problem was we didn't.

That was my first game of the season. I'm now thinking twice about the 400 mile round trip for the City game.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: