Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27970 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:47:21 »

Dale came and they played ...and played well.

We weren't shit (thank you mongs in the TE) and deserved a draw.

Kasim at the back!? No thanks...waste for me.

Great saves from the dale keeper....we will play worse and win.

It's October end and we have lost two games......I would of taken that in July all day long.

Clems Army!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:47:56 »

Been out for a meal tonight so missed all this.

Where's that next bottle of fucking wine?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:48:30 »

Can't be bothered with a full write up but even though we lost it was an entertaining game. Rochdale didn't come for a 0-0 anyway and took all 3 points thanks to our inability to defend crosses into the box.

Byrne mom shaded from Luongo for me. Bell is a bit of an enigma and I swear smith was trying to control the ball when he scored. Bitty performance all round really. I like the look of Reeeeeves, seems keen and energetic. Fods made 2 exquisite passes second half as well.

Hopefully we improve on Saturday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:50:56 »

Fair play to Rochdale. they looked like they had more players on the pitch than us today and gave 100%. They were in our faces and played the ball behind the wingbacks at every opportunity and it worked. 3 headers and it looked to me that their players didn;t need to jump for any of them. We were dreadful - total bollox. I'm not sure if anyone came out with any credit. Smith took his goal well but was shite but no worse than most of the others. The midfield was non existent. I like gladwin but he had a shocker and Rodgers looks very lightweight. Bell looks like a bit of a defensive Onion Bhaji.
Overall a bad day at the office but hats off to Rochdale.     
Some of our passing was total toss and our movement was shite as well
This.

But add to that the fact that Cooper has to be responsible for the complete shambles at the back and midfield. None of the defence knew what they were doing and we were lucky not to be punished first half. Kasim might be able to play sweeper, but he's not a CB in a month of Sundays and was constantly wrong positionally meaning that it was chaos all around him.

I don't often chip in on football threads, but that really wasn't very good at all.  Sorry for the strong language.

never trust a nun...
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:56:31 »

Cooper got his team selection and tactics wrong...... reeves should have started and Kasim is wasted in defence, as we had no control first half. But Cooper cant take the blame for  Stephens / Turnbull  shambolic defending on corners which ultimately cost us the game. Gladwin after playing well saturday struggled big time tonight and didn't take his chance to to cement a place in the team.

ewsham Robin
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:58:27 »

This.

But add to that the fact that Cooper has to be responsible for the complete shambles at the back and midfield. None of the defence knew what they were doing and we were lucky not to be punished first half. Kasim might be able to play sweeper, but he's not a CB in a month of Sundays and was constantly wrong positionally meaning that it was chaos all around him.

I don't often chip in on football threads, but that really wasn't very good at all.  Sorry for the strong language.

I will not accept your apology. Your language is simply too... too... gosh-darned rude!

Now look what you've made me do!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 22:00:52 »

Cooper got his team selection and tactics wrong...... reeves should have started and Kasim is wasted in defence, as we had no control first half. But Cooper cant take the blame for  Stephens / Turnbull  shambolic defending on corners which ultimately cost us the game. Gladwin after playing well saturday struggled big time tonight and didn't take his chance to to cement a place in the team.

Didn't he pick them ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 22:04:10 »

Gladwin has the most sublime touch. His passing and decision making tonight was way off sadly. Shame as I'm certain there is a fantastic footballer in him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 22:19:54 »

It's not really Cooper's fault that at 2 corners 2 individuals (I couldn't see who) didn't pick up their man, that is individual players fault and they should take responsibility.

Their keeper pulling off as good a save as you will see all season was just as much of a reason we didn't win (I think the Obika save was at 2-2 but my mind is a blur)

First time I've seen Bell, 1st half ok but totally clueless 2nd half and I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is a better option than Brad Smith. As I say first time I've seen him so he turn into a world beater for all I know.

It's frightening how brilliant Bryne is becoming as attacking force, we could be a bit fucked if we lost him for any period of time.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 22:21:02 »

The corner their third goal came from wasn't a corner, the Rochdale player blasted it into the side netting, nobody got a touch.  Also, the corner their second goal came from was needless.  Turnbull could have easily passed it back to Fods.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 22:23:42 »

I wrote a long rant then it closed. To summarise:

Kasim can't play cb- won't attack the ball in air and can't play the line
Bell can't cross- can only pass when in good wide positions. No touch whatsoever
Byrne can't pull the trigger, wants to walk it in.
Turnbull can't header and is slower than ward.

The few positives:

Wes literally saved us on quite a few occasions
Byrne was class going forward just needs to shoot when 6 yards out
Williams never stopped, if it didn't come off he just went again and again and his pace was a threat.
Had more than enough chances to win the match and should have.

All of this, fair play to Rochdale stuff can fuck right off. We lost that tonight from abismal defending from set pieces and not dealing with the long ball.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 22:50:15 »

First, there was a major knobhead in the LEGENDS bar berating the young barman cos he poured his Peroni into a non-Peroni glass - stating some old bollocks that the Peroni glass was integral to the taste and he didn't want to pay £4.50 if it was in a Carlsberg glass.

Knobhead, or mentally unhinged?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 23:05:38 »

Paying £4.50 for a pint?  What a plum.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 06:05:09 »

All of this, fair play to Rochdale stuff can fuck right off. We lost that tonight from abismal defending from set pieces and not dealing with the long ball.

Which is our weakness and they exploited it all match, good tactics id say. They always looked a threat
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 09:00:28 »

It was so bad last night even the scoreboard lost the will to live.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: