Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28080 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 08:01:52 »

My big boy's introduction to a life of misery tonight. Or more likely, a bored and whinging interruption to his Clash of Clans progress. In my dreams, this is a 7-0 rout with the CG singing hilarious chants which don't leave me having to explain the meaning of any new words which will subsequently be endlessly repeated at deeply inappropriate moments.

In reality, probably a 1-2 defeat with my boy incanting "You can stuff yer Michael Rose up yer arse" for the rest of the week.

Nervous times.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 08:24:44 »

It is proper windy as fuck in Swindon at the moment.

I presume that there is little chance of the match being postponed because of the wind?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 08:25:23 »

Is Rose LB? Hopefully Byrne would have him on toast.

Feeling confident. 2-0 win. Luongo and Smith.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 08:29:35 »

Goal machine  Calvin Andrew is with them too. Surely he will be saving his yearly goal for us? so we are going to have to score 3 to win. 3-2 Smith, Obika and Reeeeeves 6579 watching of which 136 from Dale

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 08:31:39 »

Goal machine  Calvin Andrew is with them too. Surely he will be saving his yearly goal for us? so we are going to have to score 3 to win. 3-2 Smith, Obika and Reeeeeves 6579 watching of which 136 from Dale

Good reasoning and the scoreline I'm going with too. Reckon Williams'll chip another over a stranded keeper, Obika will tap one in from two yards, and Byrne will score a scorcher.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 08:43:19 »

At the risk of looking a total fool later, even the ex-player curse isn't enough to make Calvin Andrew a threat.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 08:44:04 »

Tope Obadeyi.....he came to mind the other day but I couldn't remember his name. Never before have I seen a player to blessed with attributes from god in terms of strength, speed, athleticism, etc. but have such a little idea of how to play football. If the man had an ounce of a clue how to play football he'd be dangerous.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 09:09:08 »

At the risk of looking a total fool later, even the ex-player curse isn't enough to make Calvin Andrew a threat.

Crazy fool. He is a shoe in now to score.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 09:17:53 »

I presume that there is little chance of the match being postponed because of the wind?

From where I am on top of OT hill, it doesn't seem too bad, and the forecast is for the wind to ease during the evening..

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 09:35:45 »

Home at last....crowd should be nearer the 7k+ mark given the efforts to attract more support and its been a while, disappointing if not the case. Nailed on victory just can`t quite decide if they will score probably not so 2-0 / 3-0.

Bathtime
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 09:54:01 »

Nervous times.

Agree....horrible game.

For a variety of reasons, our lads are going to be under pressure tonight.....reasons being, first home game for a while; opponents Rochdale, who many think will be easy, but as Venkman has pointed out are impressive on the road; an enforced rejig at the back; potentially somewhat tricky conditions.

These are the sort of games where if you are going to do something in a season, then you grind a win without necessarily playing well....so far this season we've shown good battling qualities, so there is hope. On the other hand if you're not really going to do anything, then you have one of those seemingly inexplicable performances where most players seem just a bit off their game.

That is where experience comes in, knowing how to manage a game when things aren't quite working....a big ask for our kids.
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 09:54:53 »

It is proper windy as fuck in Swindon at the moment.

Sunny, warm and a gentle zephyr!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 10:22:17 »

Sounds like an Audrey moment to me. Name change required to Calvin Andrew Goal machine if he scores tonight.
Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 10:22:39 »

Relax everybody. I had stew today.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 10:35:58 »

Crazy fool. He is a shoe in now to score.

I'll back him to score at anytime - that'll even things out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: