Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27898 times)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 20:42:19 »

Now wait for the backlash from people...
Flashheart

« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 20:42:41 »

So how many points do we need to avoid relegation?
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 20:42:48 »

Bollox Crash
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 20:56:02 »

Will be interesting if Cooper actually accepts the blame today as he massively fucked up. One suspension at the back and so he decides to decimate the midfield to attempt to cover it.
There was no urgency from start to finish and the game was devoid of any quality.
Worst thing is Rochdale are a terrible team but managed to score 3 against us mainly by smashing the ball long and wanting it more!
Flashheart

« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 20:56:38 »

One is not amused.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:07:00 »

Now wait for the backlash from people...

One is not amused.

Fuck me.  Even the Queen's getting in on it.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:08:47 »

That was fucking dire
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:10:55 »

Will be interesting if Cooper actually accepts the blame today as he massively fucked up. One suspension at the back and so he decides to decimate the midfield to attempt to cover it.
There was no urgency from start to finish and the game was devoid of any quality.
Worst thing is Rochdale are a terrible team but managed to score 3 against us mainly by smashing the ball long and wanting it more!

Completely spot on! Deciding to put our most consistent midfielder in defence after we've just signed a defender said a lot for what Cooper thinks of him. Reeves should have played rather than rodgers and if they were concerned then play kasim defensive mid like last season.

No idea what position Byrne played tonight. Great going forward (just needs to learn when to shoot and when to dribble a bit more) but never got back. May have been a tactic but again left us exposed.

We were poor tonight but still created chances to steal a win. I guess thats a positive but at this level conceding 3 goals to free headers is unacceptable.

Move on to saturday where 3 points are a must for momentum into November
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:14:33 »

Shocking defending for all 3 goals, long ball caught us out every fucking time. Perfect away performance from rochdale id say -played to our weaknesses.

Saying that, we still created some great chances and could have won it ourselves. Movement was abysmal tonight, cant play passing football if noone fucking moves
kerry red

« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:22:49 »

That was a fucking horror show from start to finish.

As much as I've been a great admirer of Coops, he must shoulder a big slice of the blame for this one.

One player out and he swaps and changes everything -  no wonder we were all over the place.

Saying that, the defence - if indeed we actually had one - were awful.

Is it just me, or is Stephens nowhere near the level he was last season?

I felt sorry for Gladwin who had an absolute mare - every single thing he did he fucked up.

And WTF was Fods doing with all the long balls to Byrne the Giant after fucking about for what seemed ages just standing there in midfield with the ball.

Bell had a good first half and looks  a tidy sort.

Byrne was up to his usual good standard.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:27:07 »

Thompson missing and the subsequent shifting around of players cost us completely tonight. Why so many changes?  Will be interesting to see what Cooper does now on Saturday.  Unfortunately this is where the lack of depth in our squad is a problem.  Still no excuse for the inept defending though.

Poor crowd considering we haven't had a game at home for a while.  I don't imagine anyone who turned up on the night will be rushing back either.
lambourn red

« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:31:01 »

Wrong starting eleven , kasim was was the big miss in midfield especially with glad win losing the ball time and time again . Having said that when we went 3 4 3 we looked like winning it but for some worldly saves and poor decisions with the final ball but you cannot win games defending like that we were all over the place at the back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:32:12 »

To be honest we were fortunate to be 1-0 up at half time, Rochdale created probably the better chances.

That said all three goals conceded were shit. At least the last one was from a decent corner.

In truth we never really got the passing going, it was a disjointed, scrappy affair. But it wasn't boring.
When it went to 2-2 it looked like we might nick it as we finally got a bit of momentum. We nearly scored then they went down the other end, won the corner and...

There were a couple of chances where the ball was begging to be leathered, but we tried to take it closer/pass it (Byrne).

Fods turned into Hoddle in the second half, not only bringing the ball out so far that even Neuer would have got a nose bleed but pinging a couple of good passes. Which is in contrast to some of the first half where he disparately wanted to play it short, but with no option just stood there instead of hitting it long.

Hey ho, perhaps we didn't totally deserve to lose, but we probably didn't deserve to win either.
kerry red

« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:42:52 »

And BTW, I never realised we had so many bellend fans.

First, there was a major knobhead in the LEGENDS bar berating the young barman cos he poured his Peroni into a non-Peroni glass - stating some old bollocks that the Peroni glass was integral to the taste and he didn't want to pay £4.50 if it was in a Carlsberg glass.

Now, I know the attitudes of the older generation(70+) are a bit ingrained but I don't really want to hear some ancient fossil bang on about how Fods is a 'bit of a darkie' and Luongo is a slitty eyed Jap
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 21:44:14 »

Fair play to Rochdale. they looked like they had more players on the pitch than us today and gave 100%. They were in our faces and played the ball behind the wingbacks at every opportunity and it worked. 3 headers and it looked to me that their players didn;t need to jump for any of them. We were dreadful - total bollox. I'm not sure if anyone came out with any credit. Smith took his goal well but was shite but no worse than most of the others. The midfield was non existent. I like gladwin but he had a shocker and Rodgers looks very lightweight. Bell looks like a bit of a defensive Onion Bhaji.
Overall a bad day at the office but hats off to Rochdale.    
Some of our passing was total toss and our movement was shite as well
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: