Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29769 times)
kerry red

« Reply #120 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 09:12:47 »

1545 there.

Good turnout.

Difficult to get an atmosphere going on an open terrace.

Orient proves that point being under cover with some great noise
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 09:18:08 »

Just seen the Thompson sending off. I assumed it was for handball at the time but I can't even see his hand in contact with the ball. How on earth can he get a yellow for that?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 10:20:35 »

Fun fact, after the celery appeared the goal was not far behind. I believe (or at least me dad said as much before the game) that 1545 might be a new record following for us at Yeovil in the league.

Their pitch was ok, but the wind played havoc with our game, typified by the first half when Yeovil were getting wind assist with everything.

I did say if we brought Williams on and hoofed it a bit more we'd get a goal. I was half right. I'm dead proud we  didn't go that route though, kept to our principles through the whole match. Everything to say about the match has been said already by Venkman or Flash, but what I will say is that Gladwin is a bloody good utility player. Came in and played better at LWB than Bell, who had a shocker of a game. Also impressed cooper made the Obika (and bell? Can't rememer when he went off) subs early. Yaser got his foot on the ball 2nd half and was instrumental in those last ten minutes. Mass was a bit absent, again, till the last 10.

Despite not meeting up with any TEF'ers yesterday I still enjoyed myself. Little too much in fact. I have work thisafternoon. Oh dear.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #123 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 10:59:32 »

Despite not meeting up with any TEF'ers yesterday I still enjoyed myself. Little too much in fact. I have work thisafternoon. Oh dear.
You probably walked straight past us, all aged between 40 and 50 with shaved heads and Flash with his pork pie hat on and stood right next to the door talking loudly about the past Cheesy

You are right about Gladwin, admittedly he didn't do too much out wide left but he looks to be a very promising utility player in the making.

Oh and I am pretty sure we took 1,600 there when it was the L&P day out on the infamous Cureton miss game.

EDIT: you are right, the game I was thinking of we only took 1,480 so it was our biggest away following at Yeovil.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 11:04:22 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 11:05:45 »

Fun fact, after the celery appeared the goal was not far behind. I believe (or at least me dad said as much before the game) that 1545 might be a new record following for us at Yeovil in the league.

Their pitch was ok, but the wind played havoc with our game, typified by the first half when Yeovil were getting wind assist with everything.

I did say if we brought Williams on and hoofed it a bit more we'd get a goal. I was half right. I'm dead proud we  didn't go that route though, kept to our principles through the whole match. Everything to say about the match has been said already by Venkman or Flash, but what I will say is that Gladwin is a bloody good utility player. Came in and played better at LWB than Bell, who had a shocker of a game. Also impressed cooper made the Obika (and bell? Can't rememer when he went off) subs early. Yaser got his foot on the ball 2nd half and was instrumental in those last ten minutes. Mass was a bit absent, again, till the last 10.

Going to be interesting to see how Cooper solves the Nathan Thompson missing puzzle...NT is pretty much the key to playing the sweeper system, as you need someone, who can read the game, is reasonably comfortable with the ball and has some defensive capability...throw in his ability to organise and he's a big miss.

Think I read that Bell can play at the back, so that would seem the obvious move with Jack Stephens playing the sweeper role....but as Bell had a stinker on Sat, it might not be very fair, to expect him to step into an unfamiliar slot.

I've got a vaguely irrational feeling that Gladwin could make a top sweeper....seem to remember Cooper sticking him at the back for a pre-season friendly, probably at somewhere like Eastleigh which we lost, so maybe he won't be tempted.

Another option would be to put 3-5-2 on hold and try a plan B....managers, by now will have a plan to stop us playing like Yeovil did yesterday...
kerry red

« Reply #125 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 11:14:47 »

Rather see Gladwin there TBH.

I can envisage Bell having a Lelan moment or 2 at sweeper.

At least Rochdale will have a go and not park the bus - could be a decent game.

Looking forward to it
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 12:14:29 »

Of to Tenerife in Wednesday. Mrs batch asked if I was still going to the game on Tuesday.

Of course I bloody am. It's football and I can avoid packing. Win win.
kerry red

« Reply #127 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 12:19:04 »

Just realised I'm flying to Kefalonia on the day of the L1 play off final.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 12:21:20 »

You probably walked straight past us, all aged between 40 and 50 with shaved heads and Flash with his pork pie hat on and stood right next to the door talking loudly about the past Cheesy

That was Flash in the pork pie?! I was stood behind you lot for the whole match!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #129 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 12:27:45 »

That was Flash in the pork pie?! I was stood behind you lot for the whole match!
Yeah that was him/us Smiley the quiet ones.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 12:30:35 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #130 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 12:40:54 »

Highlights here.

If you drop the s from https the video imbeds properly - jayo

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 12:45:22 »

Highlights here.

Williams has scored some bloody nice goals this season.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 13:02:11 »

Of to Tenerife in Wednesday. Mrs batch asked if I was still going to the game on Tuesday.

Of course I bloody am. It's football and I can avoid packing. Win win.

You'll pay for that somehow...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Peter Venkman

« Reply #133 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 13:02:43 »

Williams has scored some bloody nice goals this season.
He has, hes added a new side to his game. He does look like a new signing.

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 13:27:25 »

I wonder if the decision to send Miles Storey on a season loan was influenced by having Andy Williams back. Similar players in terms of being pace options and would have been difficult to play both of them and Williams has a bit more quality. Miles wasn't likely to get game time ahead of Williams so a year on loan at Pompey gets him vital experience.

A decision to be made in the summer if Williams continues in this vein, do we offer him a new contract on his current terms or, if he goes, will Miles be more ready to replace with a years experience in League Two.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: