Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Connection problem with android tablet  (Read 2940 times)
kerry red

« on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 13:59:54 »

Bought a Samsung Pro 8.4 which has been fine until a week ago.

2-3 times a day I can get no internet connection. Wi-Fi says 'unable to get IP address'.

There is no problem with my broadband as I also have an old Mac on the network and that connects fine
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 14:09:57 »

If you go to Settings>Wi-Fi>Press the menu button>Advanced>"Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to Always

If it's already on Always then change to never, turn the tablet off and then on (proper shutdown) then change the setting to always and turn off and on again.

Does it have 3G/4G capabilities like a Galaxy phone does, or does it just operate on Wi-Fi?
kerry red

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 14:14:44 »

Thanks for the tip.

Just Wi-Fi
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 14:58:09 »

If that doesn’t work there is something else you can try but I’m not sure if the tablet has a dialler embedded (as if you were making a phone call).

Give what I said a go and see if it works anyway. Had the same with my Samsung phone way back and similar things sorted it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 17:13:00 »

It might be worth restarting your broadband router too. I had some issues with my old sky one where dhcp was a bit flaky every now and again and stopped serving IP addresses.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 13:08:37 »

Could also change the channel of Wi-Fi signal in the router settings to see if this would help
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: