Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game against City  (Read 85399 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:05:56 »

Otib is a bit like a wurzel version of thisis.  Doh
Endless, thought provoking threads about us. Makes great reading  Smiley

They say we are obsessed, it's our cup final ( which it isn't) etc., so why do they have so many threads about us at the moment and we just have the one?
Hypocrites.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:12:35 by 4D » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:10:57 »

I've been watching Swindon since 1989 and this is the first time in that period they may sell out their allocation. Tin pot springs to mind.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:13:41 »

I reckon Rovers have bought more on average over the years.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:14:13 »

I had a little look on there yesterday. Thought it was pretty split. Half of them were talking about how they're realistic and think there's a good chance we could beat them and the other half are the "swindle" spouting mugs.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:14:59 »

I've been watching Swindon since 1989 and this is the first time in that period they may sell out their allocation. Tin pot springs to mind.

They sold out in 03/04. Fallons bicycle kick!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:37:52 »

Whenever Bristol City roll around, I find myself remembering Neale McDemott, a loanee who did nothing notable whatsoever...apart from score a nicely worked free kick against City. I wonder what he's doing now? Wikipedia says he's playing in Malta, which is a nice gig if you can get it.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:51:51 »

Whenever Bristol City roll around, I find myself remembering Neale McDemott, a loanee who did nothing notable whatsoever...apart from score a nicely worked free kick against City. I wonder what he's doing now? Wikipedia says he's playing in Malta, which is a nice gig if you can get it.

Friday night Sky game if memory serves me right? Didn't Lord Fallon of Bicycle Kicks also score that night?

#VivaKenBarlow!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 10:04:35 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20060117

Good memory. Tiny crowd that, I know it was on TV and we were terrible that year but still, 7.5k including 1.2 from City. Interestingly the table from that year looks like this years upside down- City, Franchise and ourselves were the bottom three.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 10:22:38 »

Otib is a bit like a wurzel version of thisis.  Doh
Endless, thought provoking threads about us. Makes great reading  Smiley

They say we are obsessed, it's our cup final ( which it isn't) etc., so why do they have so many threads about us at the moment and we just have the one?
Hypocrites.
Hypocrites indeed.

They seem to be scared we will end their little run, most Shitty fans I know (and I do know quite a lot) are split between down to earth realistic fans and stuck up arrogant over inflated egotistic wankers. But I guess that is the same for most clubs but it is reflected on their forum.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165704-swindon-v-preston/

Also

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165720-the-logic-of-a-swindon-town-fan/

Most of them that I know are more obsessed with the non-league team up the road from them rather than little old "Swindle" the overspending cheats from up the M4.

I had a chat to two of them over the weekend, they were stating that Premier League clubs should not be allowed to overspend on wages/transfer fees etc that clubs like Man City and Man Utd shouldnt be allowed to buy the best players on massive wages and make a loss every year....I pointed out that was hypocrisy as they have had debts of £10m to £15m over the least 3 or 4 seasons....yeah but its different....was their answer.....no it isn't, just because they have a backer who is paying those debts does not mean that they don't have the debts every year.

Bournemouth and Rotherham have done it in this league in the last 2 years, now Shitty are doing the same and will probably easily win the divison because of it. Makes a mockery of the FFP.

Yeah theres probably a bit of sour grapes because it was fun for a while when we did it but there shouldnt be ways around it, a rule is a rule and teams that constantly break the rules like Shitty with their always being £10m+ debts every year should be relegated, fuck me we got relegated for much less back in 89-90.

Sorry, rant over.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 10:26:50 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 10:30:19 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20060117

Good memory. Tiny crowd that, I know it was on TV and we were terrible that year but still, 7.5k including 1.2 from City. Interestingly the table from that year looks like this years upside down- City, Franchise and ourselves were the bottom three.

I remember that game, when a load of City tried to trash up the Merlin when Shaun Hodgetts was interviewing people for the radio Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 11:38:00 »

All their allocation has been snapped up by ST holders - so I would imagine a few may buy for home areas.

Interesting!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 11:39:06 »

With a BS postcode? 
kerry red

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 11:42:44 »

Not far to come in person and make up a name/address
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 11:47:18 »

I just had a read of the BCFC forum thread up above and jesus, they think we obsess over them. Yeah, it's a good game for us, with all the Yorkshire games this season, a Bristol City derby is a bigger game than most. No shit Sherlock.

Also, a lot of their spoutings are pretty out of date and/or bollocks. See exhibit #1:

"Their team is dangerous, but largely made up of loan signings from other clubs. Its certainly not a sustainable way to progress and should they be promoted, id expect them to have the sort of season Yeovil had last year once all the loan signings went back."

Who's on Loan now? Louis Thompson (kinda), Toffolo & Bell? Anyone I missed?

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
kerry red

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 11:50:12 »

Turnbull and Stephens
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: