Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Statement Thursday  (Read 14446 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2014, 20:56:48 »

Can't see it being on tonight's program not enough time left it must be on a future episode
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2014, 20:57:41 »

Not on. Boo. Or is that hoooray
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 07:05:33 »

Well, not long to wait to find out what it is. As long as we aren't going bust or installing a plastic pitch I'm happy. Probably.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 07:37:05 »

Change of mascot?
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 08:39:07 »

What time's the conference, y'all?
lambourn red

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 08:42:19 »

Now http://swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/leepowerlive

09:41
Power: "It's well known I make the signings at this football club, and I think they have all been good ones."

Comments(0)

09:40
Power: "At the end of the day we had to sell Louis, he deserved his chance and it was the right move. It brought in some good money and I negotiated to have him here until the end of this season. That's why this season is so important."

Comments(0)

09:39
Power: "We have to stick together, these players deserve to play in front of full houses."

Comments(0)

09:38
Power: "I've put £3.5m into this place and we're at break even now, the football club doesn't lose money."

Comments(0)

09:38
Power: "We're speaking to four or five other players about extensions and I'll let you all know when they are done."

Comments(0)

09:36
NT: "The unity we have in this team can really push us forward and get us promotion this season."

lambourn red

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 08:50:23 »

Power: "We do everything backwards at this football club, I don't know why. When I came into this club Saddam Hussain may have been more welcome than me.  Cheesy

"We've wiped the debt and the club's break even, we have a team of assets playing great football and we've done out bit.

"We've discounted tickets sitting second in the league, teams do don't that, and we need the fans' help now." Clap
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 08:51:12 »

This is the important bit for me. For once a young footballer recognising that he might develop a better career at the heart of a smaller team for a fraction of his maximum potential short-term earnings, rather than rotting in the reserves of a bigger club, raking in the cash until he's kicked out to try and rebuild a career somewhere else.

Nathan Thompson; "This is the best football the team's played an in order to progress I think it's important to stay here,"

Comments(0)

10:34
"Nathan staying shows where we are at this moment, and it's a massive, massive signing that the leader of this group has decided to stay and gamble his future.

"I can't emphasise how big this is."

Comments(0)

10:33
"Nathan is a man and the leader of this team. He had the chance to leave on a free transfer at the end of this season and earn double or even treble what I am paying him, but he's decided to stay.

"He and I feel we have something special, we've won nothing and just done well for 11 or 12 games, but I've never seen a hunger and togetherness like this before."

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 08:58:13 »

"New bespoke training ground hopefully by the start of next season,currently in discussions with two parties however not in the borough of Swindon unless council can let the club know of any sites" don't hold your breath on that one Lee.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 08:59:54 »

"Power says he hopes to announce a new deal for Jake Reeves early next week"

This is a good morning
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 09:06:41 »

Great news. Let's hope people take up the new incentives on tickets.
kerry red

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 09:09:50 »

Bit of a Churchillian rallying cry from Power to get the somnolent people of Swindon off their arse and into the CG.

He is feeling the same as most of us (less Reg, of course) that we could be on the cusp of something good.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 09:10:29 »

So this is pretty much a good news press conference then.

Break even, Thompson contract, new training facilities.

I'm confused. Where is the bad news bombshell?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 09:11:58 »

You on predictive text?
What gave it away.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, October 9, 2014, 09:13:50 »

To be fair to Power he always comes accross well in interviews and says the right things.

He seems to have an eye for a bargain too on the pitch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: