Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Plymouth Argyle v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21373 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 01:36:35 »

Sadly I have been to access my internet connection at home, every time it pisses down I have issues. So I have given up, and if we lose it will undoubtedly be all my fault. When the wife said a virgin engineer is turning up tomorrow I couldn't believe my luck. Now I know what she meant.

3-1 win, Smith double, Turnbull with the other.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 03:40:16 »

Giving this one a miss due to having to go to work and earn some money commitments....staying in Bedford....great....

Please win....this game...the next few draws and the fucking thing at Wembley!

Clems Army!
kerry red

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 04:34:10 »

Seeing as our so-called reserves are pretty good, I can't see beyond another win.

2-0, Barker and Turnbull with 3732 in attendance, 287 from Swindle
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 06:13:57 »

Doesn't look like their fans are confident at all. Bet its closer than they Imagine, 3-2 to us.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 07:45:52 »

6-1 to us.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 08:00:05 »

Seeing as our so-called reserves are pretty good, I can't see beyond another win.

2-0, Barker and Turnbull with 3732 in attendance, 287 from Swindle
On their forums they are predicting a crowd of well under 1,300.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 08:02:00 »

6-1 to us.

That's very optimistic!

Unfortunately I can't make it due to work. Sad I would have loved to have contributed to maybe push the crowd over 2,000...

I think it'll be 4-2 Swindon (Barker, Reeves, Willo & Thompson).

YOU REDS.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 08:28:43 »

We're going to win this this year, so 3-1 win to us!

#VivaKenBarlow!
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 08:52:27 »

Well we pretty much know that Tyrell Belford is going to play and big hints that Waldon, Barker and Gladwin going to get some game time. Have Luongo, Smith B and the Iraqui Pirlo already buggered off on international duty? If so it will be interesting to see which 6 of Saturdays team gets to start.The Back 3 I guess and probably Bell, Louis Thompson and maybe Andy Williams? Supplemented by Reeeeeeves and maybe Bartram and either Connor Waldon or Barker up front and Rodgers or Gladwin in midfield?

Belford doesn't seem to keep clean sheets so I predict another 2-1 away win. Jack Stephens opening his Swindon account in front of friends and family and Louis Thompson also scoring watched by 2.321 198 of which from Swindon.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 09:11:53 »

Plymouth are trying to out underdog us and negate their home advantage, making us complacent.

I've seen them in the press bugging us up and talking themselves down. Well I'm telling you it won't work pasty botherers.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 09:12:56 »

1-3 Williams, Gladwin & Barker.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 09:24:04 »

Plymouth are trying to out underdog us and negate their home advantage, making us complacent.

I've seen them in the press bugging us up and talking themselves down. Well I'm telling you it won't work pasty botherers.

Is this the story you mean Batch?

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/chipping-in-2001555.aspx

ARGYLE go into Tuesday night’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy second-round tie at home to Swindon...
...with manager John Sheridan looking for his Pilgrims to start backing up leading scorer Reuben Reid.

Reuben’s headed winner in Argyle’s 1-0 Sky Bet League 2 win over Shrewsbury on Saturday was his sixth goal of a campaign in which none of his team-mates has netted more than once.

John has already decided that Reuben will start the midweek cup-tie on the bench, meaning the onus will be on others to contribute to the goals-for column.

He said: “Reuben will be involved – the squad is more or less the same – but he did get a little knock and didn’t train too much last week.

“You can’t be relying on one player. We’ve got good enough players to be getting more goals. I always like my attack-minded players, at this stage of the season, to be around three, four, five goals. Reuben is, but I’d like one or two more to be in there and us a team not to rely on Reuben.

“I’d like one or two more people to start scoring on a more regular basis.”

Swindon knocked Argyle out of the JPT at the same stage last season, with current Pilgrim Lee Cox playing for the Robins in a 2-1 victory at the County Ground.

Both sides have improved a lot since then, with Swindon currently second in Sky Bet League 1 and winning plaudits for their fluid playing style.

“They have got a lot of players who are comfortable on the ball and believe in themselves, and they play at a really good tempo,” said John.

“It’s a good test for us and hopefully we will stand up to them. I like these games. I’d rather play against a team that is going to test you. They will move the ball and move us around, so we have got to deal with that and, at the same time, express ourselves

“Whatever formation I play will hopefully give them a test, and we will go out and perform on the night.”

John will be asking his players to show the same attitude they showed in the weekend victory over Shrewsbury.

“We did some good things,” he said. “I don’t think we played great, but the determination and desire, once we got the lead, to hold on to it and get three points, is what pleased me more than most. I thought the drive and will to win the game was there.

“I wouldn’t mind 10,11,12 of those a season – when we haven’t been the best team but we’ve picked three points up. Every successful team does that.”

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 09:55:59 »

We should, should piss on them. I hope so, because there's a Kernow chap at work.

But then they are in the mix at the top of L2 and if we're going to have someone upset this little run we're on doubtless it'll be a team like that. I see Mr McCormick is getting on with his job without much complaint from the media down there. Quite the opposite when he simply came here for some training with us.

7-1 to us, with the Pasty Buggerers completely outmatched.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 10:10:01 »

Complacency to kick in a bit and a 2-1 defeat.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 12:24:45 »

Haven't seen us play for a few weeks. Has Turnbull learnt to pass out to the left wing yet? Was a very limiting aspect of his game early on. Of the two at the back, he may be the one that we have a greater chance of seeing here permanently.

I wonder if Cooper will bring in the QPR defender on loan and give him a run?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: