Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So when do we allow ourselves to get excited?  (Read 49361 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 22:39:43 »

So we're still 1 point from almost certain safety?! That's it, I'm cancelling the open top bus parade until it's certain.. Party poppers back in the loft as well.

Our GD is pretty much an extra point though Wink
wigglesworth

« Reply #121 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 22:42:18 »

that's reassuring, so if we finish one point off top we'll win the league due to our superior goal difference? Hmmm Sad
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 22:42:29 »

Our GD is pretty much an extra point though Wink
Ahhhh very true! Fuck yeah!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 22:43:12 »

that's reassuring, so if we finish one point off top we'll win the league due to our superior goal difference? Hmmm Sad
Yeah why not. Mix it up a bit for a laugh

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 22:47:40 »

Most boring thing in the world must be being an everton fan, same grounds/same teams for 100 years pretty much, never any excitement either winning or staying up on the last day, etc etc. spose at least none of them die by heart attack.
I nominate Aston Villa. I would happily bite my own bollocks off if I had to be a Villa fan. I'd actively support relegation if it meant I had a chance of being relevant again...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 22:51:25 »

There was a list a few years ago, about how stressful are your team to your health, we were 2nd behind Notts county, no recollection of who were 91st and 92nd though, anyone?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 22:51:59 »

I nominate Aston Villa. I would happily bite my own bollocks off if I had to be a Villa fan. I'd actively support relegation if it meant I had a chance of being relevant again...

First time I've ever agreed with Ironside.

To think the highlight of a Villa fan's last twent years is probably a Phil King penalty says it all really, no offence Phil. Mundane club, wish they'd get relegated really.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:06:00 »

First time I've ever agreed with Ironside.

To think the highlight of a Villa fan's last twent years is probably a Phil King penalty says it all really, no offence Phil. Mundane club, wish they'd get relegated really.

I'm senile now, but I do remember villa winning the European cup, I think Everton may have won the FA cup in the 80's, so I reckon , it's still Everton for dullness, aren't they the only team never relegated? ( although I have a vague suspicion Arsenal are in that boat also.)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:15:15 »

I'm senile now, but I do remember villa winning the European cup, I think Everton may have won the FA cup in the 80's, so I reckon , it's still Everton for dullness, aren't they the only team never relegated? ( although I have a vague suspicion Arsenal are in that boat also.)

Last twenty years I'm talking, or twent years as I like to say. Shit cup final appearance and a league cup final??? And that's about it for the muslims only city's top team.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 23:37:52 »

Phil put in a match drawing performance against one of the Milan clubs (think it was Inter) just after English clubs were allowed back into Europe. I think it was the EUFA? Maybe they won? So long ago. On telly I think. Probably his finest game as a player and fair play to him.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
ampthill red

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 00:21:37 »

If you cant get excited about the potential of Swindon this year then just kill yourself. I became a Swindon fan at the age of 8 when we beat the arse in the league cup final. We then spanked Italy's finest for a couple of years but after that it was diminishing returns. The Ardiles and hoddle sides were magic but what we have now has the look of a side that would get better with every promotion. Realise that some financial / personality clash shit will piss on my dreams but for fucks sake lets enjoy the moment.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 04:54:07 »

Ampthill...............we are totally on the same page here.

COYMRS
Levi lapper

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 06:00:23 »

Ampthill...............we are totally on the same page here.

COYMRS

Yes it's  page 9.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 07:12:03 »

Not until Cooper does.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:01:57 »

Everton won the league twice in the '80s and nearly got relegated '89 I think? They had to beat Wimbledon on the last day to have a chance of staying up. They won the FA cup in 1995 and were runners up a couple of years ago.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: