Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50674 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 08:06:08 »

Draw. 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 08:06:54 »

Got to win....

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 08:14:06 »

By all accounts, Orient are a good team that are under-performing... so far. I'll take a point but hopefully Orient still wont be clicking yet and we can take all 3.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 08:27:48 »

Heck given our recent form at Brisbane Road, a goal would be nice.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 08:55:37 »

Feeling confident which is a rare thing when we play away - surprised Orient are down there can`t believe they won`t improve - its ours to loose and I don`t think we will at least 0-2.....

Bathtime
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 09:18:40 »

Orient should be doing better than they are, but that just means we've got a bloody good chance at the 3 points today, particularly if we continue to play such brilliant football as we have been.

To those going, I expect to hear ole's over the radio when we dominate posession. I was planning to be there but my fucking boss called in sick so guess who has to cover  Angry

3-1 Town, Williams Smith and Byrne. Orient's will probably come from a penalty.

Nice write up as usual SR, even got me missing East London a bit...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 10:00:14 »

Reg will know the answer to this one, i can remember going to Orient a very long time ago and we won 4-0 - all the goals were scored by the same player but I cannot remember his name!!  Any ideas Reg?
Arnold Corns

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 10:06:12 »

Wasn't it the 1967 film 'Robbery' based on the Great Train Robbery that had the cast meeting on the terraces at an Orient v Swindon match and you could see glimpses of the game in the background?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 10:09:10 »

Reg will know the answer to this one, i can remember going to Orient a very long time ago and we won 4-0 - all the goals were scored by the same player but I cannot remember his name!!  Any ideas Reg?
We have only beaten them 4-0 once, back in 1968 at the CG but the scorers were Rogers, Trollope, Harland, Taylor (og).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 10:18:14 »

Orient have some good players and Henderson/cuthbert will score against us, 1-1 today which I will be happy with
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 10:49:44 »

Reg will know the answer to this one, i can remember going to Orient a very long time ago and we won 4-0 - all the goals were scored by the same player but I cannot remember his name!!  Any ideas Reg?

back in 64 we won 3-0 away and Dennis Brown got all 3, maybe that's the one you're thinking of?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:01:57 »

The only time I've seen an STFC player score 4 in an away game, was Dennis (Bullets) Brown at Bormuff in this month 48 years ago, which is quite a long time, and "Deadly" Duncan Shearer at Plymuff in this month, in 91.

Not sure there have been any other 4 goal away hauls, in the league.  One possibility, is when "Bronco" Layne scored 4 v Bath City at Twerton in an FA Cup replay in 1960, but I missed that one.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:05:40 »

Does anybody know a way of getting the Stfc Player commentary on ipad (with Ipad not supporting flash)? Fancy a listen this afternoon rather than twitter.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:06:32 »

chunky monkey

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:09:19 »

Does anybody know a way of getting the Stfc Player commentary on ipad (with Ipad not supporting flash)? Fancy a listen this afternoon rather than twitter.

http://www.puffinbrowser.com/index.php
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: