Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Development game at Oxford  (Read 12471 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 18:26:11 »

Darren Ward is done at this level.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 18:31:45 »

For as long as he's asked to play out from the back thenn I agree. A massive example of how a change in ethos can make a player look like he's never played the game before. Wardy has a yard in the head but would have to play alongside a very quick CB to continue to perform at L1 level.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 19:08:09 »

I just feel really sorry for him.  A model pro who has stayed on a little too long.  Even the macro-biotic diet couldn't extend his career indefinitely.  I'm surprised he's still knocking about in the stiffs and not moving on to a coaching role or something else with a future.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 19:16:46 »

What level ?

Against kids from a club that is looking doomed to the conference ?
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 19:54:24 »

In the very early 70s I saw Swindon Res v Chelsea Res and I'm pretty sure the attendance was about 7000.

For sure, we were away at Leicester that day and won (I think)

I was at that game. My memory tells me we won 6-2 in front of c9,600. Any way of finding the stats?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 20:08:13 »

Top bloke wardy.

Spent force....great attitude.

Hope he starts coaching.

Clems Army!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 21:34:15 »

Forget Ward. I'm more amused by the fact that a strong Pox side only just managed to beat our reserves/kids. Worrying times for them.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 23:07:55 »

Forget Ward. I'm more amused by the fact that a strong Pox side only just managed to beat our reserves/kids. Worrying times for them.

I hope thats true, i hadn't seen their lineup and my initial thoughts after seeing our line up was that we should be winning that game easily.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 05:38:01 »

Most important thing is time under the belt for Stephens and Gladwin. I suspect we'll bring in Sendles-Wright as a straight replacement for Lelan, although we've already got 5 centre backs in the squad (counting Nathan T as a CB).
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 06:33:54 »

I just feel really sorry for him.  A model pro who has stayed on a little too long.  Even the macro-biotic diet couldn't extend his career indefinitely.  I'm surprised he's still knocking about in the stiffs and not moving on to a coaching role or something else with a future.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing his badges whilst being paid for it. Plenty of spare time, and he has a lot of goodwill, so my guess would be the club are helping him do them. If not he/they should be really.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 10:49:12 »

I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing his badges whilst being paid for it. Plenty of spare time, and he has a lot of goodwill, so my guess would be the club are helping him do them. If not he/they should be really.
Bloody hope so because from the outside we are treating him and Harley like shit.

I am not saying they should be near the team mind, and the reality could be different.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, October 2, 2014, 08:18:07 »

I've just asked Andrew Steele-Davis of FLIC Wiltshire to ask Cooper this question later in their pre-match presser.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, October 2, 2014, 08:56:49 »

I thought this was stated when the penny pinching Luton one got him signed up to that new deal? I thought there was coaching involved in the contract.
Barry Scott

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, October 2, 2014, 09:20:30 »

Bloody hope so because from the outside we are treating him and Harley like shit.

Have I missed something here? As far as I can see Wardy is past it and Harley is fucking useless - are you saying we should be releasing them (and paying compo) or perhaps play them?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, October 2, 2014, 09:22:18 »

I thought this was stated when the penny pinching Luton one got him signed up to that new deal? I thought there was coaching involved in the contract.

Yeah I thought this year was coaching
Mind it was Jed so anything is possible
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: