Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sam Allen Memorial Service & Grave Re-dedication  (Read 1978 times)
jamesturner

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 14:38:02 »

This is to advise all those who wish to attend the memorial service for Sam Allen and the re-dedication of the grave at Radnor St Cemetery that this will take place on Thursday 9th October 2014 at 13.30 at St Saviours Church,Ashford Road Swindon.
I would like to pass on my personal thanks to those individuals and organizations who contributed towards the fund for the restoration of the grave and to honour the man who was committed to Swindon Town Football Club.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 21:45:23 »

This is to advise all those who wish to attend the memorial service for Sam Allen and the re-dedication of the grave at Radnor St Cemetery that this will take place on Thursday 9th October 2014 at 13.30 at St Saviours Church,Ashford Road Swindon.
I would like to pass on my personal thanks to those individuals and organizations who contributed towards the fund for the restoration of the grave and to honour the man who was committed to Swindon Town Football Club.

Across the Road from where I grew up. I once knicked the bell donger thing from inside the bell that used to wake me up every Sunday Morning. Think i was round about 10 years old. The old boy that used to ring the bell. Gave it one almighty pull on arrival that morning. With nothing on the end as I had detached the rope also. He apparently plummeted forwards smashing his head. Fucking ambulance comes up the road and wakes me up any ways. I'm sure there's a moral to that story ............... And one of you clever guys will let me know ......................

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 23:52:37 »

Across the Road from where I grew up. I once knicked the bell donger thing from inside the bell that used to wake me up every Sunday Morning. Think i was round about 10 years old. The old boy that used to ring the bell. Gave it one almighty pull on arrival that morning. With nothing on the end as I had detached the rope also. He apparently plummeted forwards smashing his head. Fucking ambulance comes up the road and wakes me up any ways. I'm sure there's a moral to that story ............... And one of you clever guys will let me know ......................

And you were 10 ?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 07:07:16 »

Well done on getting the grave restored, James.  I used to live near the Radnor Street Cemetery and, even back then (late 1990s) it was looking very tatty.

Did you manage to get the date corrected on the inscription?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: