Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Orient  (Read 48016 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 14:30:47 »

I'm on the 9.11 with 3 others, heading to Liverpool Street Wetherspoons for a few before taking the central line up to Leyton.

I think the plastic Reading fans will take the Waterloo train Audrey as it goes pretty much direct to Brentford, but wouldn't be too surprised to see a few of them on the way back!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 15:17:41 »

I'm on the 9.11 with 3 others, heading to Liverpool Street Wetherspoons for a few before taking the central line up to Leyton.

I think the plastic Reading fans will take the Waterloo train Audrey as it goes pretty much direct to Brentford, but wouldn't be too surprised to see a few of them on the way back!

I would recommend you go across the road to "Dirty Dicks", nice pint and lovely posh sausage rolls
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 15:19:50 »

Looks unlikely Orient are going to be managed by Slade much longer doesn't it? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29411719

Thinking of coming to this one so would be great to meet some TEF'ers at last.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 15:21:13 »

Looks unlikely Orient are going to be managed by Slade much longer doesn't it? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29411719

Thinking of coming to this one so would be great to meet some TEF'ers at last.

He resigned last week didn't he?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 15:33:17 »

I popped into the County Ground earlier this afternoon to purchase three tickets for the away end at Orient. I asked the shop assistant what our allocation was and how many we'd sold already... to which he replied that our allocation was 'about 1000' and that we'd sold 'about 700' already.

So if you're planning to get tickets, i'd get a wriggle on. Hope this message helps a few people to avoid disappointment!

Either way, it'll be a great turnout and on our current form we should make a racket!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 15:37:43 »

He resigned last week didn't he?

Oooooops...
kerry red

« Reply #81 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 15:43:32 »

I popped into the County Ground earlier this afternoon to purchase three tickets for the away end at Orient. I asked the shop assistant what our allocation was and how many we'd sold already... to which he replied that our allocation was 'about 1000' and that we'd sold 'about 700' already.

So if you're planning to get tickets, i'd get a wriggle on. Hope this message helps a few people to avoid disappointment!

Either way, it'll be a great turnout and on our current form we should make a racket!

No POTD at the ground?
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 15:51:08 »

No POTD at the ground?

There is pay on the day at Orient - the adult ticket price increases from £23 to £25 for what it's worth.

What I was getting at was that there might not be any left on sale come Saturday because we've sold them all.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
kerry red

« Reply #83 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 15:53:26 »

Ah, OK. Thanks.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 16:22:27 »

Last year I had a ticket pre-purchased but I know a group of London Reds who didn't, and therefore missed kick off due to the slow nature of getting their tickets. They had to move the segregated area to let the POTD's in.

I also missed a step walking out of the stadium, grabbed a seat to stop my fall, only for it to crumble (it was about 100 year old wood) in my hands. Luckily I managed to save myself but it was nearly a heavy fall.

True story.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 16:24:45 »

I paid cash on the turnstile last season. Not sure if it was because they panicked when we took double that they were expecting.
kerry red

« Reply #86 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 16:44:30 »

Last year I had a ticket pre-purchased but I know a group of London Reds who didn't, and therefore missed kick off due to the slow nature of getting their tickets. They had to move the segregated area to let the POTD's in.

I also missed a step walking out of the stadium, grabbed a seat to stop my fall, only for it to crumble (it was about 100 year old wood) in my hands. Luckily I managed to save myself but it was nearly a heavy fall.

True story.

Reg has 100 year old wood in his  hands sometimes!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 17:49:50 »

I would recommend you go across the road to "Dirty Dicks", nice pint and lovely posh sausage rolls

I think we went in that one last season and it was full of Preston fans who gave us a few funny looks on the way to Colchester.

#VivaKenBarlow!
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 18:57:29 »

Which one is it then ?

Robert Mitchell adds, 'Not far from the tube station along the High Road (on the left before the KFC) is the Leyton Technical pub, which is frequented by away fans.' This small pub stocks a number of real ales and also serves food.

Stephen Harris informs me; 'the best pub near to the ground is the Birkbeck Tavern in Langthorne Road, behind the tube station'. Mick Hubbard adds; 'Arriving at Leyton underground station, we headed for the Birkbeck Tavern, a place you would not chance upon, it being in a residential area around the back of the station. This place was a throwback, a real old-fashioned boozer. It hadn’t seen a lick on paint for about 30 years I reckon.  Decor and soft furnishings were, shall we say, functional. Four real ales were on offer, a fact I only found out after squeezing my way to the bar and ordering the only one in view to me which was called Rita’s Special. If ever you visit Orient, and you like a decent pint, look this place up. From the Tube Station, turn right, and then right over an overpass that leads into the residential area behind the tube station'. See a map of its location on the Streetmap website'. This pub is also listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide and offers a number of rotating guest beers alongside Rita's Special. Apparently this is a Courage Beer named by the pub after a former landlady.

If you have a bit of time on your hands and you like your real ale then you may consider a visit to the King William IV, which is the home of Brodie's Brewery. This pub which around a mile away from the ground on High Road, Leyton, boasts of having 16 Brodie's Beers on hand pump every weekend. Visit the King William IV website for more information. A little further on from this pub on Lea Bridge Road, is a Wetherspoons outlet called 'The Drum' which is also listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.

The Birkbeck is an old school pub, about 5 cask ales and a decent size beer garden.  The Leyton Technical has plenty of decent ales and will be jam packed .  I will be going to both.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 20:46:21 »

I think we went in that one last season and it was full of Preston fans who gave us a few funny looks on the way to Colchester.

Its very popular with fans going through Liverpool street.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: