Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread Rugby Version  (Read 7734 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 20:21:11 »

Not unfair description that, although I'd say Saracens are a Man Utd and Leicester are Chelsea if we're doing comparisons.

I went to Bath v Welsh first game of the season and they looked great going forwards but leaky at the back so surprised to hear they won to 0. Rokoduguni and Watson on the wings and Joseph in the centre should play for England this summer.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 08:48:25 »

Not unfair description that, although I'd say Saracens are a Man Utd and Leicester are Chelsea if we're doing comparisons.

I went to Bath v Welsh first game of the season and they looked great going forwards but leaky at the back so surprised to hear they won to 0. Rokoduguni and Watson on the wings and Joseph in the centre should play for England this summer.

I was at the welsh match too, but was saying to who I was with that sometimes you only play to the opposition, Bath knew they'd out score welsh easily, so were at it 100% last week! this week they defended brilliantly as the class of opponent was much higher (compared to Welsh).
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 18:56:46 »

As an occasional rugby watcher I can put it like this.  Bath are Liverpool.  Big in the 80's / early 90's decent fanbase forever looking like they will be the force in the country again but disappointing their fans. 

Leicester are Man United.  Massive in the 90 / 2000's unbeatable but pretty fucking horrible.  But perhaps thats just because I lived there during the 90's.  And they are currently on the wane with loads of fans who only got interested when sky started covering rugby bemoaning how hard their life is and how they've always been Leicester fans.

And Gloucester are a blend of Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 19:20:16 »

So what are Harlequins?  They go and fill Twickenham for a club game every Christmas.

I do like rugby, but don't really understand club rugby.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 19:33:49 »

Harlequins are a german market.

Gloucester are Everton.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 21:52:52 »

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/rugby-aviva-premiership/series-8/episode-3

go baaaff

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:34:49 »

So what are Harlequins?  They go and fill Twickenham for a club game every Christmas.

I do like rugby, but don't really understand club rugby.

Quins are Tottenham Hotspur meets West Ham - known for attractive and stylish rugby, a good outside bet to win something but lacking the attritional qualities to actually do this (recent championship win excepted) and their commitment to entertaining rugby taking many forms including the bloodgate scandal where a jokeshop capsule was used to allow a player to be replaced as a blood injury
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 21:04:14 »

Gloucester = proper working class town club, fervent support, fortress Kingsholm

Bath = middle class twats, polite applause, scaffolding on a public park
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 21:21:18 »

Some may argue that rugby is a sport for middle class twats making Bath its natural home.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: