Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stonehenge VIP Visits  (Read 1912 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 22:36:50 »

If anyone has had their interest piqued by the recent documentaries/is just generally interested in a visit to the new centre, please message me - I am a volunteer there and will happily give members of the TEF a VIP tour - showing you the best bits, answering any and all questions that I can, and throwing in a basic flint knapping session to boot if you're so inclined (and are willing to put up with a novice teaching you the basics).

I can bring one person in for free, but others will have to pay for parking and access to the Stone Circle and Gallery, unless they are English Heritage/National Trust Members, in which case they can access the site for free anyway.

(Posted after much interest in said service in my local this evening)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 01:22:36 »

If anyone has had their interest piqued by the recent documentaries/is just generally interested in a visit to the new centre, please message me - I am a volunteer there and will happily give members of the TEF a VIP tour - showing you the best bits, answering any and all questions that I can, and throwing in a basic flint knapping session to boot if you're so inclined (and are willing to put up with a novice teaching you the basics).

I can bring one person in for free, but others will have to pay for parking and access to the Stone Circle and Gallery, unless they are English Heritage/National Trust Members, in which case they can access the site for free anyway.

(Posted after much interest in said service in my local this evening)

Thanks for that...the recent documentaries on the Beeb, have been beyond shit. Coincidentally I've had a session on Flint Knapper tonight, a Ramsbury brew. Decent.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 06:12:52 »

I like the sound of this, was until last year a member of English Heritage for 10 years.

Haven't visited Stonehenge for about 6 or 7 years.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 06:51:00 »

I like the sound of this, was until last year a member of English Heritage for 10 years.

Haven't visited Stonehenge for about 6 or 7 years.

I don't think it has changed much

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 07:14:00 »

Cheesy
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 07:37:19 »

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 10:27:09 »

Actually they have a new visitor centre and new exhibition there, the stones...well you are probably right.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: