Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: christian roberts  (Read 4329 times)
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:08:48 »

yep he stormed down the tunnel straight away
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:13:57 »

Roberts was almost non-existent and Thorpe was just useless, the fact he threw a strop after being subbed speaks volumes.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:19:20 »

when Gareth Whalley came off for Nicolau he seemed very unhappy didn't even look at Nicolau shock his hand and sat in the dugout in a strop, seems non of them want to come off even when they're not giving it their all!!!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:23:36 »

Natural I guess.
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:24:01 »

Roberts was utter shit tonight, one of the worst performances on the pitch.  He just didn't look like he could be arsed

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:37:49 »

Ah well, onwards and upwards! Lets hope they are up for Yeovil and perform for us. If we lose to Yeovil I'm gonna begin my worrying...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:47:24 »

Quote from: "kaufman"
did anyone else think heath looked overweight? a bit porky?

we missed the shape that nicholau and summerbee gave us im afriad!

I thought Heath was a mascot a bit like 69 a season or so back....:shock:  shocked to see that he stayed on.
Spud

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 04:50:49 »

Thorpe can you please leave now before you get any worse!http://www.thedugout.tv/community/images/smilies_final/wave.gif
JMH75

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 07:19:55 »

I think it's unfair to criticise any of our front men when our midfield is as f***ing s**t as it is at the moment. :evil:

Whalley - Shouldn't have started looks unfit (in his defence I think that he's still suffering from ilness).

Pook - Will be superb, good goal but has the touch and vision of a blind cripple.

Heath - Good for about 10 mins, anonymous otherwise.

Shakes - Our best player (and a great signing), but always had no support when he did get into some space.

I'm not saying that Thorpe or Roberts played well (far from it) but when your having to come into your own half to help the defence clear the ball because your midfield are wandering aimlessly is not surprising that they lose confidence and under perform. I think Thorpes hissy fit was more in frustration at the team behind him rather than being substituted.

and don't get me started on our defence :evil:

Or that useless son of a hoar of a ref!

----------------------

I'm back!

-----------------------
fatbury

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 07:24:22 »

I thought Roberts and Thorpes attitude was totally wrong as does King from his interview - I can understand Roberts being like he is .. he has done well in the last few games and never got a match at Blackpool and he has been here for a while

But THORPE - has been here 5 mins .. has picked up more bookings than goals .. and his attitude STINKS for a new player

I dont know what is wrong with Whalley .. he doesnt look fit .. must be ill .. no one can be that slow naturally
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 09:22:49 »

Roberts is carrying alot of weight still, needs to train harder.

Oxford Fan made a good point last night, after a hernia operation some people become addicted to the pain killers and look to food to replace the craving for the pills.
Asher

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 09:28:13 »

The summer is an oxford fan never belivee what he says, must have taken balls to come last night
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 09:33:26 »

I think JMH75 has made a great point that I noticed during the game but didn't really pick up on.
Thorpe got a lot of criticism because when he got the ball he was lost and did nothing with it.
But when he is the only one in the Wycombe half what do you expect? Roberts was back trying to help the defence clear the ball, and the midfield were somewhere between the dugout and McDonalds
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 10:03:30 »

i also spotted this out...it was obvious whenever he got the ball, the only player there was roberts and that would have involved a pass out wide which would have done nothing, or he just had to try and hold it up, but lost it everytime unfortunetely. i do remember thorpe having some good chances though...
Piemonte

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 11:15:17 »

Roberts was crap and disinterested, but thorpe was worse.

What does he actually DO other than stand around and argue with the ref?

No pace, no power, cant hold the ball up. All that city fans told me about him is true. Give him chances in the box and he'll score but he'll contribute fuck all apart from that. Get rid. now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: