Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quiz 12092014  (Read 7239 times)
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:59:06 »

8. The question states that 1961 was the last time it happened, so in my eyes, that means you cannot use the digital version of 2 (otherwise 2002 would have been the last time), and if you arent using 2, you cant use 5 either. So the next time it happens must be 6009
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:00:52 »

8. The question states that 1961 was the last time it happened, so in my eyes, that means you cannot use the digital version of 2 (otherwise 2002 would have been the last time), and if you arent using 2, you cant use 5 either. So the next time it happens must be 6009

Yes
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:10:17 »

That's crap then. Look at 1, turn it around and it looks like an L. I is a capital i
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #48 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:10:33 »

When comic book character was mentioned this instantly came to my mind too Smiley

But the question doesn't mention "book", just "comic hero" - although I like Reg's Lord Snooty analogy.  I'd go with Benny Hill.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #49 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 14:08:25 »

Good reasoning, I'm happy with that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 14:33:58 »

I imagine reg has a key wound clock  Smiley

Yeah...what's a digital clock?   One of things that shoved into every appliance in the 80's.....oooh it's got a digital clock, futuristic. Either that or a calculator
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:23:18 »

1.   Which Bond baddie is alas no more ?  Jaws (actor Richard Kiel) 
2.   Who ‘felt comfortable’ in just his Calvins this week ?  Justin Bieber
3.   Which is the tallest building in the City?  The Cheesegrater / Leadenhall Building  (122 Leadenhall Street)           
4.   Name the game.      Destiny

5.   Who has David Cameron said was a childhood comic hero of his?  Benny Hill                                                                     
6.   Who is the only judge to appear in the first seven series of Dancing On Ice?  Robin Cousins
7.   Which recent Best Picture Oscar winner starred a Jack Russell terrier?  The Artist   
8.   1961 was the last year that could be rotated through 180 degrees and read the same.  When is the next year that this will be true?  6009 
9.   What links these pictures       Woodwind instrument homophones  – Andrew Sachs / Trevor Horn

10.   Name the ‘R’.    Remoulade
11.   What is the only European country, when written in upper case, that has no letters that can be coloured in ?  LIECHTENSTEIN
12.   The subtitle to which hit by the Pet Shop Boys was ‘Let’s Make Lots of Money’ ?  Opportunities   
13.   Who is this?    Martin Scorsese
14.   The world’s second largest shark, which is a regular visitor to British coastal waters in summer, is commonly known by what name?  Basking Shark 
15.   What term describes the way of walking particular to mammals, including humans, in which the whole lower surface of the foot is on the ground?  Plantigrade 
16.   Victory in a close race in which sport is sometimes referred to as ‘winning by a canvas’?  Rowing
17.   Which Gaelic word is used for a social gathering involving traditional music and dancing?  Ceilidh
18.   Angela’s birthday is in exactly 4 weeks time.  Today is her birthday with the month and the day reversed.  When is her birthday?  You can say that the month and day must differ by 1.
Furthermore, if their difference is 1, then the previous month must have 1 day more than 28, which is February in a leap year.  Therefore, Angela's birthday is March 2nd.

19.   What links these pictures:  Singles by The Pretenders (Kid; Brass in Pocket; Middle of the Road; Stop Your Sobbing; Back on the Chain Gang)

20.   Unscramble the two words  :  D E E I I K L N R V Y  LIVER & KIDNEY

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:06:12 »

Don't think we got 15.....plantigrade....well you learn something everyday.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #53 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:22:19 »

Yeah.  Didn't have a 'scooby' about that one!
kerry red

« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:25:34 »

Somebody should come up with a new pic question.

Pisser got it far too quickly
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 18:24:22 »

Somebody should come up with a new pic question.

Pisser got it far too quickly

Why?  There's nothing wrong with the Q19 format.  It's usually one of the toughest questions - and the most fun.  I just got lucky with this one because, when I saw the 5th pic, I started singing the song to myself.  After that, 'Brass in pocket' and 'Kid' stood out and then the other two quickly fell into place.  Next time, I probably won't have a scooby.   Smiley

« Last Edit: Friday, September 12, 2014, 18:46:06 by Sir Pissalot » Logged
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 22:12:51 »

Don't think we got 15.....plantigrade....well you learn something everyday.

I'm more of a saunterer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: