I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 09:45:08 »

Was it a black one with white wheels? 
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 10:43:33 »

Nope...It was grey.

To be honest, i hated it. Yes it was quick, but my word was it a hard ride. It was loud, clunky, bumpy.

Would have my MK4 GTI back over that any day.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 11:23:24 »

well Sippo, they didn't get you on this then..

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/15890531.Police_warning_after_Gumtree_gang_target_BMW_owner/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 11:36:16 »

Nope...It was grey.

To be honest, i hated it. Yes it was quick, but my word was it a hard ride. It was loud, clunky, bumpy.

Would have my MK4 GTI back over that any day.

Great cars, I've had two and the later FN2 model. The FN2 was an even harder ride, the ep3 is perfect for a hot hatch  Wink
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 20:13:03 »

What idiot let's someone look at their car at 1am?! I had someone ask to see it at 7pm, and told them no as it was dark and was pointless.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 20:47:21 »

I know, don't care how plausible their 'delay' excuses were screw that.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 22:02:06 »

And stuck in traffic at that time of night?! I'm sorry but the seller has to take some responsibility. You have a set limit with anything you are trying to sell. If it doesn't meet that amount you don't sell. Simples.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 11:05:57 »

Great cars, I've had two and the later FN2 model. The FN2 was an even harder ride, the ep3 is perfect for a hot hatch  Wink

I was gonna say, having driven an EP3 before I got my FN2, the ride was much smoother in the EP! FN2 made more sense as a family car though (as much as a hot hatch can, ha!) but now if I do end up getting a sensible mileage muncher as a second car, I could go a little sillier on my now not-so-family car... Evil

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 22:04:30 »

Anyone used Dingmasters to get an alloy repaired?

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 22:31:18 »

Anyone used Dingmasters to get an alloy repaired?

Broke the new car already? Tongue

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 23:31:50 »

Do they do wheels?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Friday, January 26, 2018, 05:53:26 »

Broke the new car already? Tongue

No, just some of the wheels need a refurb.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 17:06:01 »

I'm on the lookout for a new (second hand) car. Currently have a Zafira but it's destined for the scrapheap.

What you do recommend for:

7 seats (5+2 is ok)
Room for 2 dogs and 2 kids
Cheap to run
Somewhat reliable
Up to £5k

Been looking at an S-Max or Galaxy. Also the Espace/Grand Espace. Probably as reliable as a chocolate teapot but there's just something about them I like.

Alternatively, a crew van but most in that budget have sky high mileage and have seen better days.

Shrug
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 17:23:21 »

Find the vw passat 2.0l diesel estate excellent value for money, + still only £30 a year to tax.  Should be able to get one 8-9 years old for that sort of money (possibly later if you're lucky).
Probably find most have a fair bit of mileage on them, but as long as they have been serviced and maintained correctly should be ok.
I was lucky,  managed to get one just 3 years old, which meant it had been dealer maintained from new, and they don't fuck about,  if it needs doing, it's done regardless of cost. Managed to get all paperwork with mine so I know exactly what has been done.   Was able to then contact previous owner who confirmed vehicle was trouble free and he didn't really want to get rid of it but it was company policy as warranty was about to run out and the company always released vehicls once they got to that age.   And before you ask,  have now had it 18 months and only put a cambelt and water pump on,  mileage today is 140k and still drives and looks like new. Only 5 seats though,  but still room for 2 dogs in the boot. Put 2 golden retrievers in mine comfortably.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 17:29:04 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 17:49:17 »

I'm on the lookout for a new (second hand) car. Currently have a Zafira but it's destined for the scrapheap.

What you do recommend for:

7 seats (5+2 is ok)
Room for 2 dogs and 2 kids
Cheap to run
Somewhat reliable
Up to £5k

Been looking at an S-Max or Galaxy. Also the Espace/Grand Espace. Probably as reliable as a chocolate teapot but there's just something about them I like.

Alternatively, a crew van but most in that budget have sky high mileage and have seen better days.

Shrug

Galaxy or S Max is a good choice. Scenic will be as cheap as chips but the electrics look like a common issue.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: