Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cars  (Read 55625 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 13:44:17 »

No problems with the leasing side of things at all, that was very straightforward. The car was in stock and delivered within weeks.

Just had bad luck with (other people) pranging it.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 13:53:49 »

Cheers Sam

I've considered a lot of options recently and personal leasing seems to be a good way to go. Just need to get my head around "not owning" the car.  Grin
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 13:58:05 »

I went direct with ford, very straight forward, walked in to have a browse and walked out withing an hour or so buying a car. Its almost too easy.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 13:59:04 »

You'll always get people saying that buying a 3-5 year old car and running it into the ground is more cost effective.

I considered that, but would've still needed to finance it. For the same monthly outlay, I can drive a brand new car, no MOT or tax to pay for and haven't got to worry about mechanical problems because of the warranty. I even get free roadside assistance.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 14:19:15 »

I considered that, but would've still needed to finance it. For the same monthly outlay, I can drive a brand new car, no MOT or tax to pay for and haven't got to worry about mechanical problems because of the warranty.

This is what sold it to me - which means that hopefully you'll never get any big maintenance/repair bills.

As we have two cars we have just bought a new family car replacing the old CRV we've had for 10 years and hopefully we'll lease the other one.

PCP on used cars just doesn't add up as you are financing the whole finance part at a higher interest rate after putting down a more significant initial payment.  New car deals at garages seem to offer better terms.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 15:22:32 »

Dont get a ford. :-)
Sods law, i've been bigging up Ford recently and i've not had a problem with mine, until now, my wife just rang me at work saying the cars dead. I nip home and low and behold its dead as a dodo. Its not 2 years old yet.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 15:34:49 »

Dont get a ford. :-)
Sods law, i've been bigging up Ford recently and i've not had a problem with mine, until now, my wife just rang me at work saying the cars dead. I nip home and low and behold its dead as a dodo. Its not 2 years old yet.

My other car is a Focus and the build/paint quality is appalling in comparison to the Honda. I have mate in the car business who once told me that each individual layer of the paint Volvo use is thicker than all the coats of paint Ford put on. It shows.

However the Focus drives superbly, it is just let down in other areas.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 16:40:04 »

Fords are famous for their rust. Especially through the 80's and 90's. They always seem 'plasticy' to me.

All a matter of opinions...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 16:59:22 »

My old Ford Sierra was the best car I've ever owned.
Take as you find innit. See a lot of prestige cars on the hard shoulder. Big money beemers and mercs seem as likely to break down as a 6 grand dacia
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 17:05:24 »

I've driven two Fords, a Mondeo and a Focus and on both the alternator failed so not a fan. That said they were work pool cars so probably had a rough life, I'm not a fan of Fords in general though.

When I got my car I maxed the deposit on my RR (30% I think it was) and got a good deal on the finance that way including the servicing so other than the cost of the car and tyres I've spent nothing which has worked for me. Having the piece of mind that a warranty provides can't be understated.
That said I'm probably not the best to listen to for advice as I'm about to do something very stupid and upgrade to a Sport SVR as with the fuel prices at a reasonable level now seems as good a time for a petrol V8 as there ever will be.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 17:08:29 by theakston2k » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 19:29:47 »

Pick up my spanking new 1 Series in 3 weeks! Lovely.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 20:01:20 »

Pick up my spanking new 1 Series in 3 weeks! Lovely.
Pick up my brand new Astra Elite Nav on Monday, can't wait.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 20:08:39 »

Fords are famous for their rust. Especially through the 80's and 90's. They always seem 'plasticy' to me.

All a matter of opinions...
Plastic doesn"t  rust,it falls off.
Did 90s Mondeos,come with a gratis roll of gaffa tape,to hold the rear bumper on ?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 22:22:34 »

My first car was a Ford Orion Ghia 1.6. I fucking loved it.
The engine and everything was sound, but it failed the MOT due to the state of the body work and sadly went to the big car park in the sky.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 23:43:28 »

I've owned about 9 Fords over the years, the 1.6 ghia orion was a good car. My Sierra was like this inside.......

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: