Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brother being stitched up  (Read 1794 times)
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 06:26:50 »

Morning TEF,

My brother recently moved out to house share with a 'friend'. The arrangement was they'd split everything down the middle. Without knowing the ins and outs, it appears that the council tax was put in my brothers name, with all bill monies pooled in his friends account to pay rent, bills etc.

Reading between the lines it appears the bills have not been paid and my brother has stumbled upon a final demand dated a month ago asking for the amount in full. Legally where does he stand or what can he do?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 07:08:19 »

Is it both their names on the rental agreement? If it is then they both will have to share the council tax.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 07:27:45 »

I think the council tax was in my brothers name and naively he thought his mate was paying it. The rental agreement is in his mates name as he moved in part way through the tenancy agreement.

His mate has now paid the bill after being confronted, but I have a feeling it may leave a mark on my brothers credit file.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 07:34:10 »

I think the council tax was in my brothers name and naively he thought his mate was paying it. The rental agreement is in his mates name as he moved in part way through the tenancy agreement.

His mate has now paid the bill after being confronted, but I have a feeling it may leave a mark on my brothers credit file.

Council tax arrears doesn't affect credit scores.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 08:43:16 »

Your brother should batter his mate regardless
REDBUCK

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 09:24:25 »

Or pick better friends.
kerry red

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:34:27 »

Be better for each of them to pay half of any bills by direct debit monthly.

It is simple nowadays to get online and view your monthly bills so should be easy to keep an eye on things.

Should poke something sharp in his eye. too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: