Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Gaffer  (Read 8886 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 07:54:53 »

It's about time Cooper started getting the credit he is due. He has done a great job in his time here.

Pushing for the playoffs last year and so far a great start based on performances this season. All this on a reduced budget, having to work with a small squad whilst implementing a new style of play.

A job well done so far.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 07:58:03 »

Could not agree more.

Clap
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 08:06:54 »

Happy clapper.
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 08:49:06 »

The start of last season saw us playing some good stuff, but am I right in thinking it was nowhere as good as what we have served up this season so far?

Seems so to me.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 08:52:54 »

If he can sort out our play in the final third we are going to give a lot of teams real trouble this season. We play some lovely stuff and keep the ball well, but more often than not we fail to make as many chances as I think our play warrants.

If it clicks, we are going to give some teams a real hiding. Fair play to Cooper to play the way we do. I have slight concerns about it when the weather gets colder and the pitches get worse and its harder to keep the ball.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 09:14:46 »

We played some cracking football last year at times, having said that, it was sometimes frustrating to watch tippy-tappy football that was going nowhere and not creating any chances.
He's clearly worked with them to keep the nice, passing football, but we now have a cutting edge up front, creating more chances and are getting the ball into the box a lot quicker.

Byrne has been my player of the season so far, what a transformation from last season, he looks confident. He's quick, skilful and always looking for the ball and generally a handful for fullbacks.

Fair play to Coops, he certainly deserves more credit than he gets.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 10:11:26 »

I'd say Cooper is doing OK....that's not damning with faint praise...but rather an acknowledgement that the tough bit is yet to come.

Which will be more clearly shown, as the season unfolds and the impact of our small playing budget gets tested   For me, still, given the likely difficulties that lay ahead keeping us in Div 3 at season's end will be a decent achievement worthy of credit.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 10:18:26 »

Roll Eyes
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:19:12 »

To think he was lambasted by Peterborough fans when he got the job on a permanent basis last season.

They couldn't help but say that he was a 'hoofball' manager, ironically, the only goal of the game that day was route one, and yes, it was Peterborough who scored it!

Great praise is needed, he's doing a sterling job with the resources he's got to work with.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:25:18 »

Fucked me off numerous times.

Got the job by default.

Worked miracles this season with what he's been given....I was dreading this season.

Hopefully we can continue with the form we have....a few games don't make a season.

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:30:50 »

I think he's doing a really good job. Last season there were times when he was too negative - can't be accused of that this season. Also we really had a bad run last year that we appeared to have lucked out of at City away. Hopefully we won;t find out this season how we'd react. I also think he's learned to lighten up a bit with the press.
Last season he knew he was lucky to get the gig and probably reacted a bit to criticism. This season he deserves the gig.
Overall, given what we've got its very difficult to see anyone doing better.
What he has built is a team  - not a collection of individuals.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:42:06 »

Yeh he's doing well, let's not forget Luke Williams tho who is king of tippy tappy football, good job sofar long way to go, hope we got a plan B this year.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 15:25:40 »

Doing a superb job with the resources given. Now if he would just spend a bit of time working on crossing and corners ...
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 17:22:37 »

Some over the top stuff here but he's doing a decent job, yes.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 17:58:07 »

Agreed. Good job given how low our expectations were and are - worthy of praise. No more than that.... We're four games in and out of the cup (no matter how good we looked in sustained spells). Remember Brighton left out arguably their first choice keeper, Centre back, creative player and striker last night.

He still has some way to go with the media. Seems to have a scepticism of them. He'd do well to realise that his interaction with them will contribute (rightly or wrongly) a long way to his popularity with fans. I also have my doubts that "every Brighton player" , for example, really did come up to him and tell him how brilliant we were, nor that they did more work preparing for us than a Championship game.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: