Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31698 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:40:24 »

It is doom-mongering if some take the opportunity that this has fucked up our whole season and we will be lucky to survive.

This is quite likely to happen.

.... I almost forgot...

Not going through means we miss out on more money, leaving us skint and unable to pay bills........

We'll be liquidated by midnight..we were counting on money from Chelsea away in the 3rd round for Augusts police bill.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Flashheart

« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:41:16 »

We'll be liquidated by midnight..we were counting on money from Chelsea away in the 3rd round for Augusts police bill.

RIP STFC
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:41:31 »

Thought it was man U? oh.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:42:17 »

RIP STFC

Always parked my car closer to Supermarine anyway..

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:48:42 »

Team for Saturday will be interesting. From what Cooper has just said we'll be without N Thompson, Barker, Gladwin, and Smith. You'd imagine the rest will struggle too after 120 minutes tonight. Josh Lelan has gone back to Derby.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:51:16 »

lelan gone back to Derby

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:52:06 »

Recall for Harley?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:54:10 »

Team for Saturday will be interesting. From what Cooper has just said we'll be without N Thompson, Barker, Gladwin, and Smith. You'd imagine the rest will struggle too after 120 minutes tonight. Josh Lelan has gone back to Derby.

It's fun to include Barker Smiley

Which Smith is crocked? As it stands the side can be just about patched up for Coventry. Obviously new additions would be more than ideal before then.

Keeping B. Smith, Luongo and Kasim fit feels essential, we need that Chesterfield game postponsed to regroup etc.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:55:49 by Costanza » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:55:29 »

It's fun to include Barker Smiley

Which Smith is crocked? As it stands the side can be just about patched up for Coventry. Obviously new additions would be more than ideal before then.

Keeping M. Smith, Luongo and Kasim fit feels essential, we need that Chesterfield game postponsed to regroup etc.

Smith, M.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 21:56:17 »

Silly silly decision to release El Gabas  Cool

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 22:01:12 »

Over the 90 we were the better team. They went 1 up with the best goal I've seen at the CG in ages. They then shut up shop and tried to hit us on the break. The first 10 of the 2nd we were brilliant and Louis got a good goal. For some reason the ref then went to shit for both sides with some very bad challenges going unpunished. Branco was lucky not to get a yellow and the bloke who cleaned out Gladwin was lucky to stay on the pitch.
Luongo was my MOM and was surprised to see him go off. Kasim was good but in extra time he was superb.
There were some poor performances tonight. Smith x 2 have had better days and Turnbull played well until extra time where he really struggled. Nate Dog really needs to look at himself for the most bonehead sending off. He's captain and I think he needs to reflect a lot on today. His yellow was pretty stupid and the second yellow as stupid as it gets.
Overall though we did alright and with a little bit of luck could have won that.

kerry red

« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 22:07:23 »

Well, I dont care what anyone says, I thought we were fucking brilliant.

Played some vibrant football and showed some real bollocks as well.

Yes, it came at a cost but the way we played tonight we are going places this season and this proved it.

Additions are obviously needed but, honestly, to be able to play like that is stupendous.

Not that it matters, but did anyone else notice that Brighton kicked off both halves of extra time?

Dont really want to single out any individuals for either praise or slagging - it was a great team effort.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 22:09:33 »

Not that it matters, but did anyone else notice that Brighton kicked off both halves of extra time?

Breach! Breach! Rules have been broken.

Celtic would get the result reversed...
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 22:12:02 »

Got to say, immensely proud tonight. We were absolutely brilliant and to give a decent Brighton side a go with 5 to go with effectively 9 and a half players on the pitch was a brilliant effort.
Kasim was phenomenal and has been all season. Desperately need players in for Saturday though, shows a lack of depth in the squad..
Swindon till I die   
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 22:16:26 »

Think I've said most of what I want to.

The first half of that match was up there with one of the most enjoyable in recent seasons. We passed around and through Brighton like a hot knife through butter at times. Unfortunately they had numbers back and a bit of luck on their side as most efforts were blocked, scrambled away, or slightly off target.

By contrast Brighton did have some of the ball, but weren't that creative. But we went behind to a beauty, Branco raced back to close down a 2 on 2, the player just got the cross in to the loosely marked Ince, who leathered it first time on the volley. Fods - no chance, and effort you can only applaud even as an opposition fan. So we were down at half time when we should have been up.

Second half Thompson L was slid in and cooly slotted past the onrushing keeper. For the next 5 or 10 minutes it looked like it would be in the bag. Thompson missed another chance, skying from the edge of the area when in a good position. But something changed. Whether we were just knackered, or Brighton adjusted formation I'm not sure. But they god a hold on the game and began to dominate.

Obviously fresh legs were needed. Unfortunately they came on and limped off as Luongo was sensibly withdrawn for Gladwin, Barker for Williams, both subs subsequently injured and M Smith looked to pick up a Luke Rooney arm too. The ref was quite favourable to us too as Branco seemed to flatten Lua Lua but escaped punishment, not sure he even gave a free kick.

In any case we held out, but it was inevitable Brighton were going to score in extra time. A low cross in for a tap in and a stonewall pen. Then they took their foot off a bit and Town carried on trying to create with 10 men. Kassim was immense, and deserved his goal to set up a grandstand finish. Thompsons slip put their man 1 on 1, and as he raced to make up for his mistake Thompson took him out from behind. The ref had no choice, straight red (even a yellow would see him walk though), and that was that.

We gave it a go. A really good one. Brighton eventually adapted. Injuries didn't help us.

Really enjoyable. The stay ways missed a good one (better than the limp Chelsea match, but not as good as Stoke away)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: