Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ice Bucket Challenge  (Read 9067 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 12:13:41 »

Will be glad when its done and Facebook can go back to what its really for...

Discovering scary levels of casual racism from people I wwnt to school with and cryptic posts saying 'Worst day ever' followed by twenty people replying 'Whats up hun?'
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 12:25:32 »

I doubt it even works out at a quid for every person that has done it.

To be fair I've only quoted the figures from one charity. I've seen a recent survey suggested 56% who did the challenge didn't donate which certainly backs up what you and I have both said in earlier posts. I do know people have donated who haven't or won't be doing the challenge as well so that would skew any statistics.

The worst part is that it's sad those who have donated feel the need to prove they have done so (I'm included in that too as I posted a screenshot of my donation text). It's forced, but I wouldn't say it's a farce, not by a long way.

Was going to renege on my earliest comment and suggets posting your videos on here as arriba is missing out on all of the fun Wink
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 13:14:46 »

Will be glad when its done and Facebook can go back to what its really for...
.... and cryptic posts saying 'Worst day ever' followed by twenty people replying 'Whats up hun?'

Isn't that one of the most self-indulgent nonsense on Facebook? AKA "Worst day ever, please friends ask me why and then I can feel loved and important" The answer is always something like "I stub my toe".

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: