Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ice Bucket Challenge  (Read 9210 times)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 12:48:38 »

Couldn't have the sopund up at work, who did he nominate... please tell me it was Power and Jed!

"Michael Standing, Dale Belford and Matthew Vernon". 

No, me neither.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:21:56 »

"Michael Standing, Dale Belford and Matthew Vernon". 

No, me neither.

Dale Belford is our reserve keepers Tyrells dad, manager of Tamworth

The other 2  Hmmm
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:31:52 »

Dale Belford is our reserve keepers Tyrells dad, manager of Tamworth

The other 2  Hmmm

Micheal Standing used to play for Villa I think.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:36:04 »

I think Matthew Vernon is one of the ground staff
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 15:39:05 »

That was quite funny.
REDBUCK

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 16:34:51 »

Laural and Hardy were much funnier in the 1920's
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 17:47:36 »

Laural and Hardy were much funnier in the 1920's

Hmmm

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 28, 2014, 10:16:47 »

This became a farce days ago. People are just using it as an excuse to throw water over each other.
I am sure the majority don't donate a penny to the cause. Glad I don't have facebook as this is all over it apparently. 
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 28, 2014, 11:24:50 »

This became a farce days ago. People are just using it as an excuse to throw water over each other.
I am sure the majority don't donate a penny to the cause. Glad I don't have facebook as this is all over it apparently.  

If you're not on Facebook how do you know? From what I have seen the majority are actually donating and that is also evidenced if you look at (for example): https://www.justgiving.com/icebucket4mnd/

That's just shy of £3m if you include gift aid. When I did the challenge at the weekend that figure was £100k. It's hardly a farce when you look at it like that.
I do agree a lot of the time people don't convey the right message or give details of how to donate, a bit like the no make up selfie thing. On the whole it's been a bit better this time, but I have seen stuff labelled ‘here’s my ALS Ice Bucket Challenge’ and then telling people to text the donation number for Macmillan. As long as charities benefit I guess we shouldn't protest too much.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 28, 2014, 11:59:15 »

Just been nominated. Feels like contracting the Ebola virus. Any ideas for subverting the theme?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 28, 2014, 12:04:35 »

Do an eyes bucket challenge instead

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 28, 2014, 12:05:06 »

If you're not on Facebook how do you know? From what I have seen the majority are actually donating and that is also evidenced if you look at (for example): https://www.justgiving.com/icebucket4mnd/

That's just shy of £3m if you include gift aid. When I did the challenge at the weekend that figure was £100k. It's hardly a farce when you look at it like that.
I do agree a lot of the time people don't convey the right message or give details of how to donate, a bit like the no make up selfie thing. On the whole it's been a bit better this time, but I have seen stuff labelled ‘here’s my ALS Ice Bucket Challenge’ and then telling people to text the donation number for Macmillan. As long as charities benefit I guess we shouldn't protest too much.
my Mrs and daughter spend their time on Facebook giggling and watching the videos of it. They did it too.
It's raising money so good I suppose but my point still stands. 3mill ain't a lot considering how many people are doing it, is it?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 28, 2014, 12:21:14 »

I shirked my nomination. I've nothing against what it stands for, but I don't need what is essentially a viral marketing campaign to tell me to make a donation to charity.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 28, 2014, 12:58:33 »

my Mrs and daughter spend their time on Facebook giggling and watching the videos of it. They did it too.
It's raising money so good I suppose but my point still stands. 3mill ain't a lot considering how many people are doing it, is it?

Agree, it's such a farce.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 11:43:22 »

Agree, it's such a farce.

I doubt it even works out at a quid for every person that has done it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: