Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ice Bucket Challenge  (Read 9070 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 22:29:01 »

This is starting to get boring now but I laughed when I saw a YouTube video of PDC doing it after Alan Connell nominated him:

Thought he wasn't allowed ice in his drinks? Pint Cheesy
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 23:19:07 »

I think the forum members should post their videos here after they have been nominated.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 23:48:37 »

I think having every other post in my facebook news feed is more than enough
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 23:53:48 »

Shortest lived lame celeb thing ever hopefully.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 02:27:38 »

Hopefully awareness of certain diseases, charities and charity donations isn't so short lived. I wouldn't have donated to MNDA if this campaign hadn't taken place if I was to be entirely honest.

This is what the challenge is about:

http://www.mndassociation.org/news-and-events/Latest+News/join-in-and-take-the-ice-bucket-challenge-today

I've seen plenty of videos of the challenge and as a result I have learned more about ALS/MND and the associated charities and made a donation.

To clarify my earlier point: I do feel sometimes the message/point can get a bit lost with these types of challenges and chain nomination things. Having them all in a single thread could just turn it into a bit of a forum competition rather than focussing on the more important part. I'm perfectly happy just to look through my facebook news feed at the various videos of people doing the challenge without looking at more on here. I'm probably just a bit of a stick in the mud and a massive hypocrite for that point of view though Smiley

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 02:45:43 »

Hypocrite.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 03:40:48 »

Hypocrite.

I think you mean massive hypocrite.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 05:02:37 »

Some red-trouser wearing cunts came up to me in the pub the other night and asked if they could have the ice bucket so they could do this. At which point I asked them if they knew what it was about, to which they kind of shrugged their shoulders.

This is what annoys me a little - people doing it just to be trendy or look #cool rather than actually giving a toss about the disease and the charitable aspect of the thing.

Not that I'm saying it's all bollocks, the amount of money and coverage that has been raised is brilliant.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 07:28:32 »

The only reason Si won't post his video is because he did it naked.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 07:47:35 »

'Id like to nominate Harry Redknapp, Jeremy Wray...and Robbie Williams'

Brilliant. I'm finding this whole thing surprisingly not annoying considering I'm usually a massive cynic, most likely because all my friends actually are donating and it's clearly helping. Oh, and because my girlfriend has been nominated and really, really doesn't want to do it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 07:49:24 »

It is dumb. But it's a bit of fun and at the end of the day some worthy charities are getting funds they wouldn't normally get.

So no harm done.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 08:03:54 »

Di Canio does that every day anyway. Well, it is a night normally. But with nails, instead of ice. And he's naked, except for a loin cloth, and a clan hood.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 08:13:43 »

Why are people getting so pissed off about it. Its harmless and its not hurting anyone. If someone wants to film themselves tipping ice over them then whats the big deal. If the donate to a charity after doing it, then thats great.
Some people just can't help but have a moan.
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 08:53:50 »

Was meant to be doing it today but after a quick look at the weather I might try and get an extension on the 24 hour rule.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 25, 2014, 08:54:41 »

Was nominated yesterday so will be doing it later
Donating also.

As long as raises awareness it can't be a bad thing.
Plus have witnessed some epic fails and some celebs taking part I wouldn't have thought would, Steven Kings for one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: