Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football without Soul, a poem about the Premier League.  (Read 4798 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 15, 2014, 16:56:11 »

https://twitter.com/OllyverTweet

"40-something father. Old New Romantic. Admirer of Adidas trainees, wedge haircuts and synths. Avowed left-winger. Coal Not Dole."
Someone put up otanswell's bat signal
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 15, 2014, 17:22:31 »

The Premier League
It is not really that bad
So calm the fuck down

that doesn't even rhyme.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 15, 2014, 18:30:36 »

Premier League
They're having a laugh
Premier League
They're having a laugh
Who cares about soul?
Run me a bath
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 15, 2014, 19:23:29 »

The premier league is brilliant. Dream teams, betting, transfer rumours, cheating talking points, etc,etc all of it fucking great.
Football doesn't have a soul either. Never has,its a sport.

Maskell putting us 2-0 up at Wembley and the memory of it making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end 21 years later...THWACK!

The Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road - Standing in the Hearts End - The entire home part of the Ground to a man singing along to Sunshine On Leith - Ears literally ringing half an our after the end when Hearts have won 1-0 with a late goal.

Bumping into old friends and acquaintances at away games who I may not have seen for years but it's like you last saw them a couple of weeks ago

Going to Anfield and seeing the Shankley Gates and the Heysel and Hillsborough Memorials for the first time

Sitting up in the North Stand at the County Ground 10 minutes before kick off on a warm Saturday afternoon in September - Looking out over the Wiltshire Downs and Liddington Castle off the to the left and Old Town with Christ Church on top of the hill over to the right - Thinking, 'There is nowhere else in the World I would rather be right now'.

Doing the tours of Celtic Park and Old Trafford and smelling the history and tradition.

Going to a new ground - The first time you set eyes on the pitch

On the way to the Ground on match day - the smell of the dodgy burger vans and cigarette/cigar smoke

In a pub on the outskirts of some town about 90 minutes before kick off, packed full of Town fans and about 3 pints in - LOU MACARI'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!

Working men - Dockers, Ship Builders, Steel Workers - back in the 20's Knocking off work at noon - straight down the pub then packing the terraces of Ibrox, St James Park and Hillsborough.

If fantasy football and transfer rumours and betting are what take your fancy that's fine. I'm not knocking that but...
Football has and never has had any soul? Really??

All of the above and so much more are why I love football in general and STFC in general. Yes, football is a sport, obviously. But NO FUCKING SOUL?? ARE YOU SURE?? WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!!

For what it's worth, I think the poem is fine. Shelly or Keates it aint but there's plenty there I can relate to.

Your a great mate Crispy aren't you? Posting you own mate's work then saying it's a load of shit - good work fella!

P.S. In spite of appearances to the contrary, I am actually in a very good mood. I just disagree very strongly with Arriba's point and felt the need to voice it.

« Last Edit: Friday, August 15, 2014, 19:25:00 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 15, 2014, 20:37:25 »

Short,succinct and true but absolutely pointless

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 15, 2014, 20:51:07 »

Someone put up otanswell's bat signal

Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 15, 2014, 21:24:59 »

Short,succinct and true but absolutely pointless
But what's the point in anything? We're all just filling in time while we're waiting to die aren't we?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 15, 2014, 22:32:15 »

Your a great mate Crispy aren't you? Posting you own mate's work then saying it's a load of shit

I think so as well,  thanks.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 08:47:19 »

Maskell putting us 2-0 up at Wembley and the memory of it making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end 21 years later...THWACK!

The Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road - Standing in the Hearts End - The entire home part of the Ground to a man singing along to Sunshine On Leith - Ears literally ringing half an our after the end when Hearts have won 1-0 with a late goal.

Bumping into old friends and acquaintances at away games who I may not have seen for years but it's like you last saw them a couple of weeks ago

Going to Anfield and seeing the Shankley Gates and the Heysel and Hillsborough Memorials for the first time

Sitting up in the North Stand at the County Ground 10 minutes before kick off on a warm Saturday afternoon in September - Looking out over the Wiltshire Downs and Liddington Castle off the to the left and Old Town with Christ Church on top of the hill over to the right - Thinking, 'There is nowhere else in the World I would rather be right now'.

Doing the tours of Celtic Park and Old Trafford and smelling the history and tradition.

Going to a new ground - The first time you set eyes on the pitch

On the way to the Ground on match day - the smell of the dodgy burger vans and cigarette/cigar smoke

In a pub on the outskirts of some town about 90 minutes before kick off, packed full of Town fans and about 3 pints in - LOU MACARI'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!

Working men - Dockers, Ship Builders, Steel Workers - back in the 20's Knocking off work at noon - straight down the pub then packing the terraces of Ibrox, St James Park and Hillsborough.

If fantasy football and transfer rumours and betting are what take your fancy that's fine. I'm not knocking that but...
Football has and never has had any soul? Really??

All of the above and so much more are why I love football in general and STFC in general. Yes, football is a sport, obviously. But NO FUCKING SOUL?? ARE YOU SURE?? WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!!

For what it's worth, I think the poem is fine. Shelly or Keates it aint but there's plenty there I can relate to.

Your a great mate Crispy aren't you? Posting you own mate's work then saying it's a load of shit - good work fella!

P.S. In spite of appearances to the contrary, I am actually in a very good mood. I just disagree very strongly with Arriba's point and felt the need to voice it.

All good things about football but that doesn't equate to football having a soul. it doesn't. It just brings out different emotions and meanings to different people as you explain above.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 08:48:56 by arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: