Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Player recruitment/development  (Read 8599 times)
Flashheart

« on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 16:17:41 »

Branco, Byrne (not rated by many last season), Kasim, Gladwin, M Smith.

That's nearly half of our first team that we appear to have developed into valuable first teams players. I included Byrne because he seems to have gone from 'a bit average' to 'a  bit of a star'. I've also been conservative in omitting Luongo as I see him more of a player that was already 'developed', enough for this league anyway.

I'm not including loanees, but it seems though they are learning from their time here also.

It makes one wonder that one or two people at the club know what they are doing......
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 16:20:58 »

Gladwin, Kasim and Branco have done extremely well to make the step up from non - league. Bizarre to think Kasim couldn't get into Macclesfield or Luton's  teams
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 16:23:24 »

Gladwin and Kasim bossed the midfield today.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 16:25:01 »

I can see one or two non-league unknowns joining before the deadline.

I also wonder if the likes of Barthram and Barker could make an impact at some point... Even if not until next season.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 16:25:21 »

I remember seeing Gladwin away at Brentford and wondering what we'd done...he's done very well. Branco too!...He's come a long way from his début against...Plymouth, was it?...

Shame El Gabas had to go though Wink

Roaming the land while you sleep..
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 16:26:18 »

I can see one or two non-league unknowns joining before the deadline.

I also wonder if the likes of Barthram and Barker could make an impact at some point... Even if not until next season.

Barthram, at times last season, looked either really useful, or out of his depth..I'm hoping he comes on well too.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 16:29:38 »

He looks decent on the right and clueless on the left.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 16:35:55 »

Yes. To be fair he was terrible last week at Crawley on the left.
kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 16:53:04 »

Yep. Someone knows how to spot a player alright.

Very impressive
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 18:17:14 »

The only thing letting the club down is its support. We're doing the right thing, although as it stands we still need some bodies in!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 18:59:21 »

To be fair Crewe at home at £25(?) isn't very inspiring. Is worrying can only get 6,500 at home though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 19:09:49 »

You forgot George barker!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 19:12:43 »

You forgot George barker!

I didn't, scroll down a tad. (From my OP)
DRS

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 19:34:43 »

I wouldn't say our support has let us down. Let's face it those who are not going at the moment need convincing to come back.It has been a pretty shit summer where even the most die hard fan has struggled to get excited,few more decent performances will bring a few back and it is also festival weekend.

In regards to players i think it is great to see so many talented youngsters. My main concern is we will just become a machine producing players who replace them with the same kind of player meaning we have a team that just falls short all the time. I only say that because make no mistake with a good back line we have a shit hot team. Imagine that back 3 today was Jmac,Thompson and a fit Henville for example.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 19:51:48 »

I think a lot of the fans were/are put off by the small numbers of incomings and, worried about the high numbers of outgoings..naturally, no one can blame them for that. Personally, my lack of appearances this season is down to relocating nearer work. I think a few are of the 'you won't win anything with kids' mindset.

Back on point, though, I think the development of the players suggested in this thread really does show how certain people have a good eye for a potential talent.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: