Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Other Transfer Rumours  (Read 276433 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:03:19 »

Lincoln have confirmed Akinde, 3 year deal.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2018/july2/180706-akinde-signs/

Can't compete with the big boys, fair enough.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:04:07 »

BBC reporting that Akinde has signed for Lincoln.   TBF it looks like we're not in the market for any of these Div 4 sort of name players, but rather looking at the leftovers that various agents are chucking our way.  Worrying times. Getting nostalgic about Luke Norris, is probably not something many Town fans could imagine happening.

Or it could just mean that Phil Brown didn't fancy a carthorse like Akinde....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:10:19 »

Or that.

We'll all calm down when we make our first proper signing (oh, actually second after McGlashen)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:17:51 »

I wouldn't want Akinde, but he is a name at Div 4 level.... once we moved on Luke N and Mullin, I think people thought it was to free up some space for a credible Div 4 striker.  Instead it looks like Mullings whose never played a League game, and resembles Fola Onion Bhaji
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:21:06 »

I wouldn't want Akinde, but he is a name at Div 4 level.... once we moved on Luke N and Mullin, I think people thought it was to free up some space for a credible Div 4 striker.  Instead it looks like Mullings whose never played a League game, and resembles Fola Onion Bhaji

The season doesn't start tomorrow. It could still mean "what people thought" could it not?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:24:46 »

The season doesn't start tomorrow. It could still mean what people thought could it not?

No but the bonding trip starts Sunday, so you want your new boys in place for that.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:27:48 »

No but the bonding trip starts Sunday, so you want your new boys in place for that.

Ideally yes, but I'd rather have the right players in, than any old player in for the sake of a "bonding trip".

Maybe our gaffer feels the same?!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #832 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:31:20 »

This is what I think.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:37:26 »

I’d take it that any of the triallists who go to Spain are as good as signed. Definitely wouldn’t want Mullings or JSW. Lloyd Sam might be worth it.

Worrying that Conroy still isn’t fit to start a game. I was expecting Doughty and Wordsworth this week - fuck knows what’s gone on there.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #834 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:39:40 »

I wouldn't want Akinde, but he is a name at Div 4 level.... once we moved on Luke N and Mullin, I think people thought it was to free up some space for a credible Div 4 striker.  Instead it looks like Mullings whose never played a League game, and resembles Fola Onion Bhaji
I too wouldn't and didn't want Akinde, I think hes no more than average in this league.

I also don't think its fair to say we will definately be relying on Mullings as he is only on trial with us and I am 100% certain PB has other more experienced targets, what Mullings would give us if he signed is a different type of striker with pace and a lot of height for bringing on when we need to pump balls into the box I don't think that even if he does sign we will be playing him in every game.

You say no league games (as yet) but he is only 24 and Mark Bright was 23 when he first played league football, Ian Wright was also 23 when he had his first taste and Jamie Vardy didn't play a league game until he was 25 and a half and now hes at a World Cup finals with England.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:42:42 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #835 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:40:51 »

I was expecting Doughty and Wordsworth this week - fuck knows what’s gone on there.
I am guessing either PB doesn't want them or they are hoping to sign for teams in a higher league closer to their homes?

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:43:09 »

I am guessing either PB doesn't want them or they are hoping to sign for teams in a higher league closer to their homes?
Don’t think so. I was told it was as good as done.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #837 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 15:45:19 »

Don’t think so. I was told it was as good as done.
We can hope, both would be excellent additions in L2 but I am guessing they have other offers too to consider.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #838 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 16:06:17 »

Not fussed about missing out on akinde
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 16:35:13 »

Happy for Lincoln. They got the transfer over-the-line despite Akinde failing to agree terms and a medical....

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: