Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Other Transfer Rumours  (Read 277726 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 17:58:26 »

I haven't suggested the threats were anything other than a horrific way to go about your life.  Hopefully anyone threatening the Oldham officials is served their own justice.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 18:10:25 »

Let's track them down and cut em up

It's All Good..............
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 18:12:04 »

As said before, if he thinks he's innocent why would he show remorse?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 19:19:14 »

He's hardly the victim of the great miscarriage of justice that he and his supporters claim though imo.  He may or may not be technically not guilty of the legal offence of rape but the facts of the case are undisputed. How he behaved that night is hard to justify and he could show remorse for his behaviour (treating one girl like a piece of meat whilst cheating on another) notwithstanding his right to maintain his innocence of the criminal offence of rape.

His statement today is 2 years too late and will be taken as hollow by his detractors.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 19:25:30 »

What do people think about ex-Hearts defender Craig Thomson. He was convicted of sexual offences relating to the grooming of 12 and 14 year old girls online. Like Ched Evans he is now out of prison but on the sex offender's register.

For those who believe Evans has a right to be a professional footballer again do you feel the same about Thomson? If not, why not?
kerry red

« Reply #185 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 19:27:43 »

Anyone else sick of Ched Evans and the'  is he isn't he' saga?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 19:42:24 »

Anyone else sick of Ched Evans and the'  is he isn't he' saga?

My mate's an Oldham fan. He is sure is.

Damn glad it's not us, that's for sure.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 20:14:51 »

He's not helping put it to bed:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ched-evans-hits-out-mob-rule-tactics-after-oldham-athletic-move-breaks-down-1482576

There is a certain irony complaining about part of society on social media given the acts carried out in his name for 2 years, including his own family and a person hired by him (website).

He's either really dense or has some seriously bad advice.  Maybe his GF and her Dad are actually playing the long game at revenge.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 23:02:04 »

Oh boy, I think we can see what he was trying to say, but I don't think Taylor should be saying much at all, let alone comparing Evans 'innocence' fight with those of Hillsborough:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/gordon-taylor-ched-evans-hillsborough-pfa
He wouldn’t be the first person or persons to be found guilty and maintain their innocence and then been proven right,” he told the BBC. “If we’re talking about things in football we know what happened, what was alleged to have happened, at Hillsborough and it’s now unravelling and we’re finding it was very different to how it was portrayed at the time, indeed by the police at the time.”
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 00:00:13 »

Oh boy, I think we can see what he was trying to say, but I don't think Taylor should be saying much at all, let alone comparing Evans 'innocence' fight with those of Hillsborough:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/gordon-taylor-ched-evans-hillsborough-pfa
Taylor's been well past his sell-by date for some years now. If the PFA have any pretensions of being taken seriously, and they should have a positive role to play within the game, then it's time to get rid.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 00:02:31 »

He's been the English Blatter for 20 years , no chance.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 00:34:50 »

Taylor's been well past his sell-by date for some years now. If the PFA have any pretensions of being taken seriously, and they should have a positive role to play within the game, then it's time to get rid.

Taylor is a decent old skool Trade Unionist....interestingly both he and Malcolm Sinclair, who is President of Equity another venerable union, were on the recent festive University Challenge for noted alumni....both showed a decent knowledge despite being old farts.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 08:07:30 »

Taylor is a decent old skool Trade Unionist.
Possibly. That doesn't stop him being irrelevant and embarrassing. And, like many "old skool Trade Unionists", so comfortable with his cosy position that he's completely out of touch to the extent of no longer being capable of doing a good job representing his members. He's an arse, celeb appearances on posh quiz shows notwithstanding
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 09:14:37 »

He's a convicted rapist on the sex offenders register and will continue to be until a court says otherwise.

An alarming number of people (not pointing fingers) seem to think him claiming he's innocent makes a difference, that he is hard done by and a victim of injustice. If those people bother to read up on it (the link on this thread to one of his appeals is worth reading for a detailed overview) they'll see this isn't really the case.

His version of the events that night on their own are enough to get him convicted of rape;
- found out his mate was taking a girl back to a hotel.
- diverted his taxi to the hotel.
- blagged a key to the room from reception.
- let himself in to the room unannounced.
- had sex with a girl that was drunk.
- left by the fire exit.

You might not agree with it but that is the law (or at least the current interpretation) at present.
Flashheart

« Reply #194 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 09:28:21 »

I wouldn't give a flying fuck what some court said. If I thought I were innocent then I would maintain my innocence.

An alarming number of people (not pointing fingers) seem to think him claiming he's innocent makes a difference, that he is hard done by and a victim of injustice

I've not seen a single person on here say that.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: