Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Other Transfer Rumours  (Read 277716 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2015, 20:48:03 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30698618

BBC asked all Lg1 & 2 clubs if they would sign Ched Evans given the opportunity, some of the responses are mildly interesting.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Flashheart

« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2015, 20:53:30 »

There's actually quite a few potential 'maybes' in that list.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2015, 22:33:06 »

Port Vale's chairman has a cracking name.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2015, 23:31:37 »

The Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) have fast tracked his review (because they do sometimes)

The Attorney General is investigating the Ched Evans website;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30698382

Possibility of a criminal prosecution over it for contempt of court. Fingers crossed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 15:25:59 »

Looks like Oldham have signed Ched Evans despite protests on a 2 and a half year contract.

Told their sponsors who didn't like it to shove it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 15:32:51 »

Looks like Oldham have signed Ched Evans despite protests on a 2 and a half year contract.

Told their sponsors who didn't like it to shove it.

From what I've read, his girlfriend's dad is pretty rich and is covering any income because of loss of sponsors. Strange, strange stuff.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 15:39:17 »

From what I've read, his girlfriend's dad is pretty rich and is covering any income because of loss of sponsors. Strange, strange stuff.
That is strange, apparently he was on £20k pw at Sheff Utd and Oldham are offering him around £2k pw.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 18:06:13 »

The Attorney General is investigating the Ched Evans website;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30698382

Possibility of a criminal prosecution over it for contempt of court. Fingers crossed.

It's on odd site, in so far as they seem to have taken the approach of trying to ruin the reputation of the girl involved.  It's odd because she never even claimed rape, so why they feel it will help I have no idea.  They even submitted evidence that tried to show that someone who'd lost their memory could still be capable of being fully coherent during the "incident", which would kind of mean they accepted she'd not remembered any of it.  Why then go after her?  At no point was the conviction likely to be over turned based on her having a bad character because it didn't come into the equation.  It might have helped McDonald, had he been convicted, but as they accept she didn't go hunting for Evans and can't remember the event and never claimed it, why go after her?  At the very least it shows him and his family/friends to be below contemptuous individuals.  What on earth is going on for his girlfriend and his Dad to be so actively involved is way beyond me.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 18:07:34 »

One sponsor already gone, another two to follow once he's signed - not sure how important any of them are to the club.

The important one appears to be Sports Direct (£200k a year) who haven't commented on it. You'd assume they've said they won't leave, but will that last if he signs and there are protests? They would be the easiest target for people.

I read about his girlfriend's dad covering his salary and any income the club lost but it appears this may not be the case.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 08:37:38 »

I don't understand how they have got a 60,000 signed petition. There's obviously people signing it that have nothing to do with Oldham, and just don't want Ched Evans in football full stop.

Someone was obviously going to take him on. If he scores goals for them and is successful, most of it will be forgotten. His record at Sheff Utd was pretty good to be fair.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 09:23:11 »

I won't see him play this season, it'll be interesting to see the response of crowds to him
Peter Venkman

« Reply #161 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 10:22:59 »

I don't understand how they have got a 60,000 signed petition.

The "moral outrage" club that sign anything and have nothing whatsoever to do with the thing they are signing, mostly made up of Daily Mail readers I would have thought.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 11:58:59 »

Now apparently OFF due to sponsor pressure and threats to Oldham staff and their families.....
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 11:59:42 »

BBC News just reported that the Ched Evans deal is off.
kerry red

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 12:02:36 »

The stench will still cling to Oldham for a while, though
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: