Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Other Transfer Rumours  (Read 277886 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 16:48:11 »

But I am not saying he is innocent  I ust find it strange that 2 men admit having sex with the same woman which she can't remember and 1 is convicted and 1 cleared.

The raw basics:

The other player took the female back to a hotel, the jury could not find beyond a reasonable doubt that she not given consent.

Evans trots up at the hotel on a promise from his mate, basically because she was out of it.

A jury considered the evidence and were satisfied there was no doubt whatsoever that NO consent was given by the female as she was not in a state to provide it.  She herself does not remember the night and did not press charges, the CPS did that based on the evidence that started to materialise.

Two appeals have failed - the evidence still supports the conviction

Without going into detail, given she couldn't remember the events, and rape is bloody hard to convict, you'd have to say that to be convicted and upheld twice, that the evidence against Evans was compelling.  His mate said that the female did not verbally give consent, and the jury considered her completely unable to provide it by the time Evans appeared on the scene.

He may think he's innocent, truly.  But he's wrong.  Some people may have "sympathy" because they've had a one night stand - moral of the story, be sure.  Sloppy seconds with a near passed out girl is probably a bad idea namely because you are a Rapist.

Now, I could nearly give him some degree of sympathy myself but for the way he targeted her (read the case) and has continued to do so since the conviction as well.  A website has been set up to try an ruin her reputation and she's had to move many times since the case.  For his continued behaviour I hope he is never employed in football ever again.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 17:26:49 »

The full Judgment from the appeal is here if anyone's interested - http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2012/2559.html&query=r+and+v+and+chedwyn+and+evans&method=boolean

stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 17:30:57 »

The raw basics:

The other player took the female back to a hotel, the jury could not find beyond a reasonable doubt that she not given consent.

Evans trots up at the hotel on a promise from his mate, basically because she was out of it.

A jury considered the evidence and were satisfied there was no doubt whatsoever that NO consent was given by the female as she was not in a state to provide it.  She herself does not remember the night and did not press charges, the CPS did that based on the evidence that started to materialise.

Two appeals have failed - the evidence still supports the conviction

Without going into detail, given she couldn't remember the events, and rape is bloody hard to convict, you'd have to say that to be convicted and upheld twice, that the evidence against Evans was compelling.  His mate said that the female did not verbally give consent, and the jury considered her completely unable to provide it by the time Evans appeared on the scene.

He may think he's innocent, truly.  But he's wrong.  Some people may have "sympathy" because they've had a one night stand - moral of the story, be sure.  Sloppy seconds with a near passed out girl is probably a bad idea namely because you are a Rapist.

Now, I could nearly give him some degree of sympathy myself but for the way he targeted her (read the case) and has continued to do so since the conviction as well.  A website has been set up to try an ruin her reputation and she's had to move many times since the case.  For his continued behaviour I hope he is never employed in football ever again.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 17:33:31 »

I have absolutely no sympathy for him whatsoever , he put himself in that position and also comes across as a right cock.
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 17:59:30 »

I don't think he's after sympathy, just a football club. Like Lee Hughes I'm sure he will get vilified everywhere he goes and a fair bit by his own fans. I'm sure that will be enough.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 23:26:41 »

I'm still confused as to how he got released early. I thought you were supposed to at minimum acknowledge your crime to be eligible. Even worse when that website, which is directly connected to him, calls the victim a slut, habitual drug user and of lying about the whole thing to profit financially. Shocking.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 00:15:03 »

The Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) have fast tracked his review (because they do sometimes)
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 06:51:19 »

Oldham pulling out by the looks of it.
kerry red

« Reply #143 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 07:09:04 »

If Evans had pulled out . . .
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 08:15:58 »

Clap
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:00:25 »

It would have still been rape... Hmmm
kerry red

« Reply #146 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:09:12 »

Pulled out of shagging her
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 12:59:56 »

Pulled out of shagging her
Ah, yes. Got you  Yes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2015, 17:59:04 »

Wilfried Bony to Man City for £30m+. Football has got transfer fees inflated to astonomical levels, these massive tranfer fees cannot last.

£30m for a good but by no means an outstanding player is ridiculous.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Utter Kant

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2015, 18:02:02 »

Wilfried Bony to Man City for £30m+. Football has got transfer fees inflated to astonomical levels, these massive tranfer fees cannot last.

£30m for a good but by no means an outstanding player is ridiculous.

It's the going rate I suppose, with Lukaku moving for a similar price in the summer...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: