Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Other Transfer Rumours  (Read 276992 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2018, 14:24:20 »

Son of Nicky Law Snr, who was at Alfreton Town and helped encourage Danny Wilson to secure interest in Mr. Flint. Nicky Jnr will do fine in L2, could be a right pain in the arse!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2018, 15:13:51 »

I remember him, completely bald and ran the show for them in midfield?

Was that the same game Anton Rodgers scored 'that' free kick?
Yes. Law was head & shoulders above everybody that day.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2018, 15:53:20 »

Yes. Law was head & shoulders above everybody that day.

I doubt he uses head & shoulders however!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #813 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:16:16 »

Mansfield, Lincoln and County making an early march for favourites, but let's see on August 1.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:17:04 »

I think Exeter have also recruited reasonably well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:23:33 »

Mansfield, Lincoln and County making an early march for favourites, but let's see on August 1.

This is why I said Power needs to show his intent this week. Is he serious about trying to get out of Div 4, or is it like a couple of season's back where he hoped to "limp over the line" to Div 3 safety and failed.  Hmmm

I had hoped given that PB has had some time to sort things that we might have seen something by now, beyond moving on Norris and Mullin.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:25:31 »

The Twitter rumours fella that is usually spot on with his predictions did tweet earlier in the week he expected 4 in this week.

Alzate is one. I suspect we may get more transfer news tomorrow.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:44:27 »

This is why I said Power needs to show his intent this week. Is he serious about trying to get out of Div 4, or is it like a couple of season's back where he hoped to "limp over the line" to Div 3 safety and failed.  Hmmm

I had hoped given that PB has had some time to sort things that we might have seen something by now, beyond moving on Norris and Mullin.

Didn't a certain milk drinking team show last year that being favourites means very little?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:44:48 »

The Twitter rumours fella that is usually spot on with his predictions did tweet earlier in the week he expected 4 in this week.

Alzate is one. I suspect we may get more transfer news tomorrow.

It just makes sense that if you're going to Spain for a bonding trip, then you want to take the new boys who are the ones you want to do the bonding.... or maybe PB wanted to brush up the tan, little knowing that he could do it in the British Isles.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:46:46 »

It just makes sense that if you're going to Spain for a bonding trip, then you want to take the new boys who are the ones you want to do the bonding.... or maybe PB wanted to brush up the tan, little knowing that he could do it in the British Isles.

Yeah I thought that going for warm weather training in Spain was quite odd given the current weather. I was in Valencia over the weekend and whilst it was hot, it was just as hot back home!

But yes, this is basically a bonding exercise so you would expect all of the new players to be bedded in by the time we jet across.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:47:03 »

Bet the Colombian lad has had a right ball bonding with his colleagues this week....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 08:50:11 »

Didn't a certain milk drinking team show last year that being favourites means very little?

Yes.... Wycombe also, but that sort of status is suited to those clubs.  Luton brought in James Collins, he's the sort of thing you know will guarantee you Div 4 goals.  Town fans are finding it difficult to accept that such a player is now beyond us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 09:40:20 »

no, not really.

I'd love to know what % of favourites for promotion/relegation  actually go on to do so.

As stated, its more about seemingly having no real plan, just take on more cheap options and punts.

Which of course may end up being totally wide of the mark, given we are only 2 signings in (which seem reasonable ones) and a month to season start.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #823 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 11:16:30 »

Posh offer £300k for Mo Eisa from Cheltenham, they are holding out for £1.5m! the sooner he leaves 'Numb the better as long as its to a team higher in the pyramid.

« Last Edit: Friday, July 6, 2018, 17:04:18 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Friday, July 6, 2018, 14:50:51 »

Posh offer £300k for Mo Eisa from Cheltenham, they are holding out for £1.5m! the sooner he leaves 'Numb the better as long as its to a team higher in the pyramid.

John Akinde's £150k move to Lincoln on hold due to him not wishing to relocate to Lincoln, also some rumours say he has failed the medical.

BBC reporting that Akinde has signed for Lincoln.   TBF it looks like we're not in the market for any of these Div 4 sort of name players, but rather looking at the leftovers that various agents are chucking our way.  Worrying times. Getting nostalgic about Luke Norris, is probably not something many Town fans could imagine happening.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: