Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Other Transfer Rumours  (Read 277653 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:08:25 »

I see his conviction has gone to appeal. If it's upheld then he's a horrible cunt (Although I still believe that when someone's served their sentence, they should be allowed to get on with their life). If however his conviction is quashed it would explain why he's never showed any remorse. It would also be a kick in the nuts for Internet trolls who seem to get their jollies by abusing people behind their keyboards.

He's already failed at appeal, twice.  This is a request for e potential miscarriage of justice to be reviewed, after which, he might get the right to appeal again.  About 3% of cases submitted are given further right to appeal.  Basically, on the evidence submitted he has been convicted and that decision was upheld on appeal.  He has to have submitted something that would materially have changed the likely outcome, such as evidence that wasn't available at the time.  Seems like a shot in the dark.
Flashheart

« Reply #121 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:29:00 »

I'm often skeptical about these high profile cases. I did some reading into Evans' case though and regardless of whether or not he is actually guilty of rape, what happened that night was certainly as seedy as fuck.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:32:32 »

Roll Eyes
Oh...you..
kerry red

« Reply #123 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:33:36 »

The thing is though, FH, he is guilty of rape.

Sure, it's not the stranger jumping out of the bushes rape, but he was found guilty.

I think it is the entire scenario surrounding that event which people find disgusting. If he had gone to bed with her by himself and slipped her one nothing would have come of it
Flashheart

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:33:49 »

Oh...you..

Twas a bit easy  Wink
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:36:57 »

He's been found guilty so thats that.

However if you read into the details of the case it raises plenty of questions with regard to the verdict.
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:37:57 »

If we was struggling down the other end of the table I'd take him. Where we are now it wouldn't be a good fit. I'm sure he will score a bagfull mind.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:43:18 »

NOT AT OUR CLUB!!!*

*Unless we're shit and need a centre-forward.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:53:51 »

From the bits I've read of the case it does seem strange that the other guy was cleared. Either they where both guilty or both innocent imo.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:57:11 »

He's already failed at appeal, twice.  This is a request for e potential miscarriage of justice to be reviewed, after which, he might get the right to appeal again.  About 3% of cases submitted are given further right to appeal.  Basically, on the evidence submitted he has been convicted and that decision was upheld on appeal.  He has to have submitted something that would materially have changed the likely outcome, such as evidence that wasn't available at the time.  Seems like a shot in the dark.

This. I was about to post something similar.

And he hasn't "served his sentence", either. He's merely been allowed to serve the second half of it outside prison, under the supervision of the probation service.

Disgraceful decision by Oldham, hope there's a backlash from their fans.

manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:58:37 »

From the bits I've read of the case it does seem strange that the other guy was cleared. Either they where both guilty or both innocent imo.

Yeah, cos you've spent months analysing the evidence haven't you...
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 16:02:46 »

Yeah, cos you've spent months analysing the evidence haven't you...

Oh dear. It was my opinion from the evidence I have read. I take it you are clued up on it all then?
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 16:12:20 »

Oh dear. It was my opinion from the evidence I have read. I take it you are clued up on it all then?

No, which was kind of my point. Anyone can speculate and put forward (usually ill-informed) opinions based on what they may have read, but but he's been convicted after a lengthy trial and the conviction has been upheld on appeal. So that should be the end of it IMO as far as signing for a new club is concerned, until or unless the conviction is quashed on any further appeal that he might be allowed.

stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 16:16:33 »

No, which was kind of my point. Anyone can speculate and put forward (usually ill-informed) opinions based on what they may have read, but but he's been convicted after a lengthy trial and the conviction has been upheld on appeal. So that should be the end of it IMO as far as signing for a new club is concerned, until or unless the conviction is quashed on any further appeal that he might be allowed.

But I am not saying he is innocent  I ust find it strange that 2 men admit having sex with the same woman which she can't remember and 1 is convicted and 1 cleared.
kerry red

« Reply #134 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 16:17:10 »

Why should that stop him from playing football again?

All it's done is put off clubs (and there's plenty who would) signing him cos of adverse publicity.

These clubs are not signing him because he is a rapist, it's only that it's bad PR
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: