Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Photos from Swindon Crewe May 1986  (Read 9767 times)
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 19:54:30 »

Any young uns looking at this really sorry you have so missed out on so much from this era.We were amazing on and off the pitch look at the town end mob truly brilliant and our support was relentless at this time.whatever you have heard Lou and the boys were amazing at this time and he dragged this club forwards more than any person in my opinion over the 40 years I have attended.
REDBUCK

« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 20:04:00 »

Did anyone else notice Kevin keagan playing in that video.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 20:47:34 »

1-0 I recall.
In the TE as usual back then.

Funny enough I have a photo somewhere at the end of the game taken behind the wall in the TE of a few mates and myself after the game.
Look like a Bay City Roller Smiley

Coyne iirc. I actually worked with a Crewe fan which was fun on the Monday Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 20:47:59 »

Any young uns looking at this really sorry you have so missed out on so much from this era.We were amazing on and off the pitch look at the town end mob truly brilliant and our support was relentless at this time.whatever you have heard Lou and the boys were amazing at this time and he dragged this club forwards more than any person in my opinion over the 40 years I have attended.

Spot on ...... Lou came and changed the World.
Gillingham in the play offs especially when Charlie scoring that goal then down to Selhurst Park with Stevie White scoring both were memorable.

The TE was loud, very loud and it rocked particularly on the big night games Chester etc.

Those days sadly will never come back. The surge and the carnage even before the ball had crossed the line and followed by that roar.

Top post that albeit a little sad down memory lane.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 20:49:39 »

Memories, eh !!

We played this game on the bank holiday Monday after the final set of games were played. Since the play-offs came into being the following season, this was the last Div 4 game played 'out of season'.

Of course, we didn't play at the CG for 2 months that season due to a frozen pitch.

By the way, Colin Calderwood was picking up the Adver POTY in the first pic as the Championship trophy wasn't presented until after the game in the directors box.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 21:12:13 »

It ain't sad duke we were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time .Its a shame the now seated stfc boys will never experience the memories and atmosphere .Surely there is a way to bring some of it back somehow to show everyone what football was really lie(the working mans game and all that)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 21:33:19 »

It ain't sad duke we were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time .Its a shame the now seated stfc boys will never experience the memories and atmosphere .Surely there is a way to bring some of it back somehow to show everyone what football was really lie(the working mans game and all that)

Nah, we're fucked.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 21:34:41 »

As long as getting your wallet lifted and getting piss down your leg isn't recalled as well.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 22:08:32 »

Spot on ...... Lou came and changed the World.
Gillingham in the play offs especially when Charlie scoring that goal then down to Selhurst Park with Stevie White scoring both were memorable.

The TE was loud, very loud and it rocked particularly on the big night games Chester etc.

Those days sadly will never come back. The surge and the carnage even before the ball had crossed the line and followed by that roar.

Top post that albeit a little sad down memory lane.

Those times were the best.
Used to love that surge from behind the tunnel down.
Pisses all over today's atmosphere

Crying
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 07:33:32 »

"Steam - Steam - Steam-roller!"
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 08:26:22 »

1-0 I recall.
In the TE as usual back then.

Funny enough I have a photo somewhere at the end of the game taken behind the wall in the TE of a few mates and myself after the game.
Look like a Bay City Roller Smiley

I thought it was a draw?!

David Platt scored for Crewe?

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 08:33:34 »

I thought it was a draw?!

David Platt scored for Crewe?
Nope, 1-0. Platt did play though...

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19860146
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 09:36:01 »

I stand corrected....

Clems Army!
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 09:37:25 »

Memories, eh !!

We played this game on the bank holiday Monday after the final set of games were played. Since the play-offs came into being the following season, this was the last Div 4 game played 'out of season'.

Of course, we didn't play at the CG for 2 months that season due to a frozen pitch.

By the way, Colin Calderwood was picking up the Adver POTY in the first pic as the Championship trophy wasn't presented until after the game in the directors box.

Thanks for that SO69, as i was there, i should have remembered they presented the trophy after the match, as i was on the pitch watching it all!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 09:44:36 »

I stand corrected....

Said the man in the orthopedic shoe..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: