Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brighton ticket prices  (Read 7062 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 15:26:43 »

Yep, a group of 4 chaps came into the pub on Saturday lunchtime to watch the Newcastle match.  They were joined by 4 or 5 more who said to their mates that they were going to the Town game - but only because they were using the season tickets belonging to some other friends who were away on holiday.  Heard them say that they wouldn't be going to watch Swindon if they had to pay.  Then overheard one of the Newcastle 'fans' refer to it as 'grass roots' football.  Cunt!

Should have asked the twat how many times he had been to Sid James's Park.
Bar coded arm chair twat.
Probably thinks Newcastle is near London.

Too many of our fans have no passion though.
Can understand money but do they have the heart to go ?
That is my problem easy to say can't be bothered.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 18:42:40 »

It's depressing how much lower league football costs and also the fact that nothing is done about it. Far too many grounds are half empty when there are actually plenty of people that would love to go and watch their team but are priced out of it. The debate happens every year and throughout the season but nothing changes. Do fans not complain enough? I complain enough at the POD prices to mates and the forum but that's it. Is there anything we can do?
kerry red

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 18:56:39 »

Do Bradford still charge mega low ticket prices?

As a very rough estimate if we have 7000 paying £25 we would need 8700 at £20 to bring in the same money

Cant see that balancing out.

Season ticket pricing is the way to get more people in - and differing ways to pay for it
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 18:59:14 »

Is there anything we can do?
Packing the place on Tuesday when the prices are only £12 wouldn't hurt.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 20:37:22 »

Tweeted Claire Scarth earlier who said they've sold about 2500 tickets so far for Brighton and expecting a final roll call of double that, which at the reduced prices would be piss poor.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 20:52:12 »

Do Bradford still charge mega low ticket prices?

As a very rough estimate if we have 7000 paying £25 we would need 8700 at £20 to bring in the same money

Cant see that balancing out.

Season ticket pricing is the way to get more people in - and differing ways to pay for it

It's not 7000 though is it because of season tickets.

How many season tickets have we sold did they ever release a final figure? Per match do we have more season ticket holders or pay on the day. In my view the same people will buy a season ticket year on year so surely we have to do more to entice those to walk up and see a match.

And a poor crowd on a Tuesday night against Brighton at cheap prices does mean that the low pricing is floored.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 21:01:18 »

And a poor crowd on a Tuesday night against Brighton at cheap prices does mean that the low pricing is floored.

Not necessarily
With a home game the sat before and next saturday too even at £12 its a £62 outlay for the week ( for walk ups )
I guess most ppl will prioritise the league, early rounds of the LC are not a great draw IMO esp with Brighton as the opposition
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 21:18:45 »

I don't think money is the sole reason, there is a lot of people who just don't care enough about the club and supporting it. Atmosphere at both home and away games has been piss poor, not enough passion in the town.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 21:32:57 »

Not necessarily
With a home game the sat before and next saturday too even at £12 its a £62 outlay for the week ( for walk ups )
I guess most ppl will prioritise the league, early rounds of the LC are not a great draw IMO esp with Brighton as the opposition

Balls. Meant to put that it does not mean it's flawed!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 21:34:42 »

I don't think money is the sole reason, there is a lot of people who just don't care enough about the club and supporting it. Atmosphere at both home and away games has been piss poor, not enough passion in the town.

It's not the sole reason but it is significant. At £25 if the match is shit then you go away feeling even worse than just because your team lost. You think I don't want to spend my money on that instead of hopeful next week we will do better
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 21:47:00 »

That very point has been shown on our recent trips to Wembley.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 15:32:03 »

Cheap season ticket pricing can help but all it really does is convert regular "pay on the day" fans into season ticket holders.

To really boost crowds you need to convert people who currently dont go or only very occasionally into regulars and people like that are not going to jump straight in with a season ticket on day 1.

Whats really needed is a long term strategy to make the prices more affordable across the board and stick to it for a number of years.

But, the problem with that is, even if it works and crowds increase long term, in the short term it will cost money, money the club doesnt have so you either need an owner to bank-roll it, or the budget gets cut further and that then has its own impact on crowds....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: