Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25762 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, August 17, 2014, 18:02:33 »

Definitely got the ball.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, August 17, 2014, 18:50:43 »

The ref was in no position to give the pen and the lino did not flag,therefore incorrect in my book.Those people who thought that 600 was right,could they please take a look at my bank account

Just looked it up and that terrace holds 1600. I've been in plenty of 300ish away followings and yesterday was not one of them.

Re. The pen. Yep defo looks like he has the ball. With Byrne managing to get so close I would also question why it was a straight red too?! I know I only like to see it one way but ...?!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, August 17, 2014, 23:47:55 »

Definitely got the ball.

Do they accept photo evidence at FL appeals? Pretty clear cut it seems.

I also now want that as a gif with Louis dancing.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 05:58:53 »

Meh. Tackle from behind in the box and you're asking for trouble.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #139 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 07:31:22 »

Just looked it up and that terrace holds 1600. I've been in plenty of 300ish away followings and yesterday was not one of them.

Re. The pen. Yep defo looks like he has the ball. With Byrne managing to get so close I would also question why it was a straight red too?! I know I only like to see it one way but ...?!

That's a pretty convincing photo - but won't do us any good.  We got nothing from the match because we didn't turn our superior position and shot-count into goals. 

I was in the seats and reckon there was 120 - 150 people in that part of the ground (although well spread out).  From my view of the away terracing, I have no difficulty accepting there were around 500 in there. 
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 07:36:49 »

Pleasing that we played so well, frustrating that we can't take our chances but at least we've shown a bit of improvement on the road (albeit only in 2 games). Hopefully they keep this level of performance, if wedo we'll make our own luck.

As for the penalty decision. I've watched it about twenty times. The ref is miles away so how he thought to give it so quickly I don't know, but it's fairly obvious Louis wins the ball. Hopefully the referee admits his mistake and Louis's card is rescinded, but I don't hold out much hope. You'd like to think if an assessor was watching, this referee wil get demoted. Getting decisions wrong is part and parcel, but a big one like that from 50 yards away, when your linesman hasnt given it? That's beyond poor.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 09:47:27 »

Having watched the highlights this morning it's even more frustrating to think we got nothing from that game. If they're always that reliant on Jensen they won't be up there for long. He must be pushing 40, Shirley.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #142 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 10:20:26 »

Having watched the highlights this morning it's even more frustrating to think we got nothing from that game. If they're always that reliant on Jensen they won't be up there for long. He must be pushing 40, Shirley.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 10:24:06 »

Meh. Tackle from behind in the box and you're asking for trouble.

Yeah, doesn't matter if you get the ball, if you're lunging in from behind (not in a gay way I might add).  It's a bugger (not in a gay way I might add) when you play well and lose.

Horrible game on Tuesday at Pikeys; Priestfield has never been a happy hunting ground, more so in the recent seasons, since we've started playing them again, after the blissful 20 odd year break. Anything other than a lose, would be a very decent achievement.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #144 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 10:59:26 »

Horrible game on Tuesday at Pikeys; Priestfield has never been a happy hunting ground, more so in the recent seasons, since we've started playing them again, after the blissful 20 odd year break. Anything other than a lose, would be a very decent achievement.

Just to wind up the oldies a bit (me included) who remember when football was a thugs game: Brian Yeo
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 11:47:59 »

Just to wind up the oldies a bit (me included) who remember when football was a thugs game: Brian Yeo

I remember going to Kent in the late 60's with one of our finer sides, and losing 2-0. Nothing new, we always did in the 60's, as you say the Pikeys were noted purveyors of anti-football.  My heart would sink, in advance of the home game, as you knew it would be a terrible spectacle, which we might nick by a goal, after having most of the match against negative tactics.

The other thing that would piss me off, was that in say the 68/69 season about a week before the 2-0 reverse in front of a paltry 6,000 swollen by 1,000 Town fans, we'd beat the Pikeys in front of 17,000 at the CG.

The only success we've ever had at Priestfield in my 50+ years was the fine Macari side of 86/87, when we won there 3-1 in a festive fixture....and even that side lost the first ever PO game there at season's end...that was the sort of result which tells you this side can achieve something.

No, despite the protestations of my 2 man fan club on here, getting a draw tomorrow would be a massive achievement, a win, dreramland. Therefore a bit unlikely.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 16:03:29 »

well i'm up for my annual local humiliation tomorrow night

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
kerry red

« Reply #147 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 16:57:03 »

My old man, rest his soul, was a big York City fan and he continually recounted when, in the late 50s, they were in a semi final replay (I think) of the FA Cup against Newcastle Utd and were absolutely kicked off the park by Jimmy Scoular.

A real old time thug.

He also ranted on about some fella called Arthur Bottom who he reckoned was a superstar!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 17:31:19 »

My old man, rest his soul, was a big York City fan and he continually recounted when, in the late 50s, they were in a semi final replay (I think) of the FA Cup against Newcastle Utd and were absolutely kicked off the park by Jimmy Scoular.

A real old time thug.

He also ranted on about some fella called Arthur Bottom who he reckoned was a superstar!

I bet the long winter nights used to fly by
kerry red

« Reply #149 on: Monday, August 18, 2014, 17:33:00 »

Wish I could hear him tell me about it again
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: