Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best/Favourite goal you've seen by a Town player  (Read 13629 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 11:18:40 »

Cha Cha at Saints for me. The celebration was mad.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
DRS

« Reply #46 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 11:20:51 »

Murray against Carlisle away stands out
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 11:46:25 »

Murray against Carlisle away stands out
I shouted 'don't shoot' as he was about to pull the trigger...doh!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 11:49:30 »

Mine isn't the best goal, in fact it was a pretty shite goal. Alan Mac's vs Sunderland at Wembley just for the significance of it at the time was massive.
We thought we were in the big time from the moment. Of course there was some shit to come after that.

The Shearer half volley vs West brom is a decent shout, as is Maskells. Bodins pen was more important though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #49 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 12:08:25 »

One ive never been able to find a video of if Royce Brownlies last minute stunner vs Barnet circa 2006?

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MediaPlayer/MediaPlayer.asp?ID=AJOPr9uoZPI

Around 3 mins 30 secs in.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 12:41:30 »

I still think Mitchells goal v Watford is a thing of beauty and is still my favourite. As well as those already here I'd give a mention to a couple Quinn cracked in at York in a midweek game - two goals of the season in the same game.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #51 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 12:47:54 »

Quote from: OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR on Sunday, August 10, 2014, 21:56:21
Whilst scanning Youtube for memorable Swindon goals, I came across this little gem. I'm sure a few of the 'veterans' must remember this (Reg, Wilf Shergold, Family at War, Normy..??)

I too was at the IOW Festival - how come I didn't see you Reg? Hitchhiked down most of the way on a dust cart. Hendrix wasn't very good, and it was about 4 o'clock in the morning when he finally came on. The vid repeats the error which I only found out about recently - it wasn't his last gig, he did a festival in Germany shortly after the IOW.

Favourite goal, Alan Mac's at Wembley because of the 'dream'.

Best - alway's liked Ross Mac's at Brum. Came a few days after Hillsborough, the twats still had locks on the fencing. Gave me a hard time when I pointed out that prob wasn't the best thing given the events over the weekend.

Ref Paul Rideout's non-goal. From memory that was on his debut when he was still 16, maybe 17. Absolute thunderbolt, not given 'cos of offside. He did score later, though, a nod-in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 12:59:42 »

Ref Paul Rideout's non-goal. From memory that was on his debut when he was still 16, maybe 17. Absolute thunderbolt, not given 'cos of offside. He did score later, though, a nod-in.
It was on his debut as a 16 year old, he scored from all of 30 yards out, hit the top corner of the bar and post and bounced down over the line, absolute cracker that came only a few weeks or so after he did the same for England vs Scotland....the England goal is here half way through.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 13:02:11 »

Gurney AND Parkin's against Leeds in the League Cup:

5:30 for the award of the dubious free kick which is curled in from around the wall

16:20 for the sexy one-touch football which led to the second

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 16:51:51 »

I still think Mitchells goal v Watford is a thing of beauty and is still my favourite. As well as those already here I'd give a mention to a couple Quinn cracked in at York in a midweek game - two goals of the season in the same game.
Best team goal without a doubt  Yes
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 17:07:53 »

I remember that one well, but never realised until I just watched it again that it was Jason Drysdale who gave the ball away with a dreadful cross that led to us scoring. Possibly the best thing he ever did for us ?

When i watched that last night, i had a chuckle to myself when i saw Drysdale give the ball away....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 18:25:10 »

I remember that one well, but never realised until I just watched it again that it was Jason Drysdale who gave the ball away with a dreadful cross that led to us scoring. Possibly the best thing he ever did for us ?

Here as far as I recall, is the only thing that Lord Lucan did for us  Smiley

Not long in v Bradford City, loses the ball, does at least track back slowly, gets bailed out and hoofs, well to be fair long passes the ball to Steve Cowe, who scores a very tidy goal, a winner too.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19980117
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 18:27:43 »

I shouted 'don't shoot' as he was about to pull the trigger...doh!

I remember shouting the same thing at Jimmy Quinn in a night game (think it was against Huddersfield) when he spanked one in from about 30 yards.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 19:12:14 »

In recent years it's Austin rounding Kelvin Davis and slotting home the ultimate smash and grab winner at St Mary's

that
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 21:12:20 »

For me Steve foley away at Blackburn 1990 play off great volley massive away support behind the goal over 5k swindon fans
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: