Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best/Favourite goal you've seen by a Town player  (Read 13634 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 19:51:25 »

Was this in the last minute?

Pretty late on, I think.

Either of Turbo's goals at the Pox are up there.  For a left field answer, Chris Hay in the seventh min of injury time at Bradford...when were totally shit under McMahon, and the game was only played as we'd both lost in the cup (it may even have been Stevenage that we lost to).  So unexpected, so much fun.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 19:51:28 »

Not quite, pretty late though. Flasheart will tell you exactly when it was - he remembers it like it was yesterday  Cheesy

Embarrassed
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 19:56:21 »

Whilst scanning Youtube for memorable Swindon goals, I came across this little gem. I'm sure a few of the 'veterans' must remember this (Reg, Wilf Shergold, Family at War, Normy..??)

kerry red

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:04:55 »

I remember that - but not for the game.

After it had finished up I popped in for fish n chips down Manc Rd on the way back to the station.

There was a Sunderland fan in there who had been chased by a load of town fans.

Being a good egg I suggested he came with me back to the station and the cunt pulled a knife on me.

Understandably left him to it and I'm sure he got caught in the underpass down by what was then Bon Marche.

Ah well, what goes around . . . .
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:14:00 »

Craig Maskell's at Wembley. Great build up, great finish, great post sound, great roar from the crowd, appalling commentary.
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:14:54 »

great post sound

Thunk!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:20:33 »

In recent years it's Austin rounding Kelvin Davis and slotting home the ultimate smash and grab winner at St Mary's
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:29:37 »

Whilst scanning Youtube for memorable Swindon goals, I came across this little gem. I'm sure a few of the 'veterans' must remember this (Reg, Wilf Shergold, Family at War, Normy..??)

Smiley  I've heard about it, but never seen it. Peter Downsborough's flat cap, if I recall correctly he was a big racing pigeon man.

Missed the game because I was  here that Saturday.

Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:54:13 »

Invincibile v Peterborough.  A wonderful moment that gave us hope - a hope that came true, thanks to Rovers' ineptitude.  Its also a wonderful goal for the technique - ball dropping over left shoulder, volley in to top corner.  The situation makes it even better.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 21:09:17 »

I reckon Charlie Henry's goal at the CG against Gillingham which set up the game at Selhurst Park.

Also Kenny Stroud in the FA Cup against Everton

Agree that Charlie Henry goal was special for the pure release of tension. My own favourite was a Paul Rideout stunner from near the touch line not far from halfway against Bristol City in the League Cup c.1982. Such technique.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 21:24:19 »

Danny Ward at Charlton when we had 10 men and Aden Flint (spit) at Brentford in the last minute are the two I've gone probably mental about in recent years.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 21:31:53 »

It depends whether your criteria is technical excellence or just the emotion and going fucking mental.

Charlie Henry for me and his celebration running the length of the North Stand, fits the most mental celebration by one of our own and the whole CG with him. Danny Ward poking past the keeper at Charlton or Miles Storey vs Villa come close.

Duncan's at the Hawthorns for a wonder shot had both technical excellence and celebration for those there. As does in recent times, Charlie Austin for his Pele style rounding the keeper or Rory Fallon's overhead kick.

Hoddle on the opening day versus Sunderland, Quinny volley vs Fulham in 86/87, the Original Alan Mac versus Southampton or Fjortoft vs Blackburn in the Premier are all technically brilliant. No-one has mentioned the Don rounding Bob Wilson with 4 touches on a boggy Wembley pitch?

If I had to pick one, just for the memories would be Charlie Henry vs the Pikeys (wasn't even the best goal in the game which was Carl Elsey's volley)

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 21:43:06 »

Yeah some good shouts. Still think mine is Charlie Henry, or Chalkies 2 in the next game after. But macca's at Northampton is very very close, that was just mental. Technique wise def Cox although I didn't realise how good at the time, but it was a nothing game really. Also like to chuck in Revell at Brentford. Flint at Brentford and Austin at Carlisle for mental celebrations in recent times as well.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 21:57:21 »

So many to choose from.

As others have said, it depends how you're judging it.

One of the best goals i've seen is Dave Mitchell's against Watford in the FA Cup in 92. It's about 37 mins in on this video

For favourite, again so many, but i think as many of the others have already been listed, i'll go for Steve White's goal in the play off home semi against Blackburn which put us 4-1 up on aggregate, i knew then i'd be seeing Swindon playing at Wembley for the first time, something i never thought would happen just a few years earlier

« Last Edit: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 21:58:56 by Bedford Red » Logged
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 22:00:00 »

Which has just reminded me of Steve Foley's brilliant volley in the play off away leg at Blackburn 3 days earlier

One of my favourite all time players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: