Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town no closer to new faces  (Read 10515 times)
News Monkey

« on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 18:00:02 »

Town no closer to new faces

TOWN manager Mark Cooper admitted there has been no progress on potential deals for Jordan Turnbull, Brad Smith and Jack Stephens following Town’s 4-1 friendly victory over and Aston Villa XI this afternoon.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11384032.Town_no_closer_to_new_faces/?ref=rss

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 19:01:23 »

Even I'll admit to getting a little bit concerned now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 19:16:15 »

I think we can start the season with what we have, what worries me more is that the potential re-enforcements are all kids.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 22:15:17 »

I think it is pretty obvious despite what he has done, Power has fuck all money.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 07:33:31 »

I think it is pretty obvious despite what he has done, Power has fuck all money.
It would appear so
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 07:43:11 »

Jittery now....can see us losing a lot of the early fixtures 1 zip...

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 07:45:12 »

I don't think I can remember a pre-season with as little transfer activity as this one.  Was expecting a small flurry of activity in late July, and it never came.

Power clearly has a youth-based philosophy, and he's sticking to it.  What I find bizarre is that there appears to be so little (or no) money for a few older heads whose presence will complement and develop the youth.  We seem to have significantly less financial clout than a plethora of clubs in the division with smaller infrastructure - ground capacity, catchment, fanbase etc. - than we have.  Punching well below our weight.  Disappointing.
Only Me

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 07:49:22 »

We need a few older heads who can calm things down, dictate the play and get a few crunching tackes in otherwise we may end up a sort touch for some of these teams
lambourn red

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 08:04:41 »

Our wage bill must be minuscule compaired to pretty much everyone else in the division not counting the scholars we must be down to about 18. I do find it odd that LP won't find the money for a couple of experienced heads at CB and CF who could help bring the young lads on. I thought we played well in patches yesterday but the but Branco on his own in the middle of three does scare me especially away from home
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 08:26:40 »

I don't think I can remember a pre-season with as little transfer activity as this one.  Was expecting a small flurry of activity in late July, and it never came.

Power clearly has a youth-based philosophy, and he's sticking to it.  What I find bizarre is that there appears to be so little (or no) money for a few older heads whose presence will complement and develop the youth.  We seem to have significantly less financial clout than a plethora of clubs in the division with smaller infrastructure - ground capacity, catchment, fanbase etc. - than we have.  Punching well below our weight.  Disappointing.

I wonder whether getting Ward and Harley off our books will then see us go for an older head or two?
With Ward being a Di Canio signing, and the fact he turned down Brentford, I would imagine he's on a pretty steady wage.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 08:26:52 »

I think that ironically we are needing to offload Ward and Harley from the wage bill before we can complete the deals due to our tiny (in comparison) wage budget, its ironic because they are exactly the type of experienced players we need.....albeit not the actual players we need as neither is good enough.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 08:27:07 »

Thing is, can't really blame Power for not having money, not that anyone is of course. The alternative was let BS Jed spend us into debt.

Are Ward and Harley just sitting at home collecting their pension every Thursday now? Clearly neither are the answer, just wondered if they've been totally frozen out. Find that a bit odd to be honest.

edit: Ha, Venkman beat me to it!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 08:28:09 »

Beaten to it by Quagmire Smiley

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 08:32:07 »

Oh yeah.

Giggidy, giggidy.

Not sure how we get Ward off the books though, his playing career is sadly over. He deserved better from us really.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 08:37:24 »

Harley is wanted by Exeter and was at one of their friendlies recently watching but they are under umbongo and there is no way they can afford his wages unless we subsidise them pretty much defeating the point of getting rid of him.

Ward has done well for us over the last few years but as Batch states he is past his sell by date now and we need rid of him he must be on massive wages, I feel lower league like Dagenham or Stevenage closer to his home may consider a move for him but again neither will get anywhere near matching his wages so we may end up subsidising his wages until the end of his contract even if he does move on.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: