Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THAT volley!!  (Read 7097 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 09:51:09 »

Does anybody have footage of Danny Invincibile's volley against Peterborough (from the 99/00 season if memory serves me correct)? Have never seen a replay!!!!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 10:33:06 »

I've looked for this before and never found it.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 11:21:37 »

I would love it, love it, to see that goal again.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 11:24:24 »

For a goal I've only ever seen once, at the ground on the day, is it weird that I feel I can recall it as clearly as any goal I've seen 100 times? Must have made an impression!
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 11:53:30 »

Not a bad one here

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?Tab=Video&MatchID=19890133
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 12:23:23 »

Was it a home game when Jason Lee came on for them? I was sat at the front of the Arkells right next to the away end.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 12:26:53 »

Not bad but not a patch on Danny's. Probably one of the hardest techniques to perfect is connecting with the ball sweetly as it drops over your shoulder. You'll be hard pushed to find a better example of it at our level than that goal. The only volley off the top of my head that I've seen live by a Swindon player that would have topped that would have been Jonathan Douglas' effort against Notts County under Hart but it hit the crossbar!!!! Martin Allen loved it

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 13:12:56 »

I think Simon Cox's goal against Walsall was better than any in that match. But Danny Invincibles goal was right up there along side Rory Fallon's overhead kick against shitty in front of the town end
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 07:45:17 »

Does anybody have footage of Danny Invincibile's volley against Peterborough (from the 99/00 season if memory serves me correct)? Have never seen a replay!!!!!
Neither have I.

I remember the Peterborough fans singing going down for a while. After Danny's cracking volley they soon shut up and we were giving them some right stick Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 08:33:31 »

Was it a home game when Jason Lee came on for them? I was sat at the front of the Arkells right next to the away end.

Pretty sure pineapple played against us at home, yes.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 08:34:59 »

One of my favourite ever Town goals.
wigglesworth

« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 20:41:06 »

Still remains to date my favourite moment as a Town fan, for some reason it sits top in my pantheon of footballing memories.  Yes

Parkin to go 2-0 up at Leeds in the cup is right up there too, fantastic goal we played them off the park that night (admittedly that was the last action I saw of that game) and Fallon against City infact have a framed picture of him peeling away to the town end after that goal with daisy duke racing to catch up and that horrible toothless inbred scotty fucking murray with his hands on his head looking dismayed. Got it signed by Fallon a few years back too. Great pic. Clap

Also Alan Reeves header infront of the red army at Wrexham in injury time to make it 2-2 in a completely meaningless league game was celebrated like we'd won the cup that day. Classic lower league madness.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 21:13:42 »

Small point, but this game was at the end of the 2000/01 season.  The 1999/2000 season was the car crash under Jimmy Quinn where we finished bottom.  As well as being a peach, Danny's goal was also critical because it effectively saved us from a second successive relegation...just 6 years after we had last suffered 2 relegations on the bounce.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 07:25:37 »

Small point, but this game was at the end of the 2000/01 season.  The 1999/2000 season was the car crash under Jimmy Quinn where we finished bottom.  As well as being a peach, Danny's goal was also critical because it effectively saved us from a second successive relegation...just 6 years after we had last suffered 2 relegations on the bounce.

Only that result away at Charlton under Quinn was a highlight.....get it up ya!!! Not today cunts!

Clems Army!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 07:54:43 »

Only that result away at Charlton under Quinn was a highlight.....get it up ya!!! Not today cunts!

My first game back after a three week holiday in Oz. Didn't think I'd missed football all that much. That game brought the buzz back I know.

We are bottom of the league, we are bottom of the league.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: