Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power, budgets and finances  (Read 51739 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:23:12 »

Are you going to take your thread and go home? Hilarious over reaction.

I think it's a worthwhile debate....FWIW, I think the question marks about Power, are held in check as long as he can continue to get pretty decent young players, from various sources, cheaply.  If he loses that happy knack and we start to struggle majorly, then the questions might start to get more forensic.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:25:36 »

How is it an overreaction? I'm certainly not angry.

If you quoted the full post and not just that bit, I was actually trying to help him understand the point of the thread which he seemed to miss. Jumping in with insults on threads you haven't even got the gist of is pretty pointless and I was pointing that out really....but I'm glad I gave you a giggle.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:29:51 »

I think it's a worthwhile debate....FWIW, I think the question marks about Power, are held in check as long as he can continue to get pretty decent young players, from various sources, cheaply.  If he loses that happy knack and we start to struggle majorly, then the questions might start to get more forensic.

I'd go with that....the jury is still out, at least until accounts are published.

I'm probably less inclined to cut him some slack and more inclined to scrutinise him more, a little bit due to frustration of not being able to afford to go to every game like I used to and then hearing that some games next year will be at £27 a ticket which I find insane for any League One game even if it is only a handful of games.
kerry red

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:07:11 »

In the past I, too, would be flapping about what is happening behind the scenes - but after all the years I've done that I've come to the conclusion that I can't change a thing so I've taken a 'fuck it' attitude and concentrate on what happens on the pitch.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:19:22 »

I'm not sure how that would make me stupid or a cunt, but maybe you've misunderstood.
Erm, I was taking the piss, quoting your own post. Calm down, dear.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:42:56 »

Erm, I was taking the piss, quoting your own post. Calm down, dear.

Doh
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:44:26 »

Good to see the LTC still going strong, despite us not paying them for their products.  You can't give the modern footballer anything less than the best when it comes to pre/post, match/training ablutions...and that doesn't come cheaply.

I didn't know you could make towels using bamboo fibre. My mind is blown.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:45:37 »

I didn't know you could make towels using bamboo fibre.
Well that's just spoiling the players. We shouldn't panda to them like that Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 17:05:23 »

I don't care if Power does make money from the club, what really matters is how well the club is run while he is doing it. If we continue to flirt with the playoffs and perhaps even go up one year then you will hear no complaints from me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 18:59:58 »

I don't care if Power does make money from the club, what really matters is how well the club is run while he is doing it.

Agree with that.

Well I'd have no problem in him sharing in profits anyway.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 08:31:57 »

Firstly you'll have to forgive me for being a bit out of touch with everything at the moment, because I am. But as the season edges nearer I've been reading a lot of the comments coming from Power, Cooper, etc. and generally trying to keep tabs on the noises coming out of The County Ground.

Many have commented on here that Cooper seems pessimistic in A. Making any signings and B. Keeping hold of our current team. I also saw an article on Power a while back where he commented that he was considering cutting the the wage budget, if the gate wasn't met. The numbers were £1,800,000 a year based on 7,500 a game I believe?

This got me thinking about the finances and I looked for comments on this on this forum. Many have commented Powers explanation of using a 'sustainable model' which I get and understand. I completely agree with this model.

The problem I have is that the more I think about it....the more I can't understand why we seem to be in such a dire position financially with our squad.

If Power was quoted as saying he needs 7,500 gates to keep our £1,800,000 wage budget. I can't understand why? If half of that is made up of season tickets, that's £1,125,000 at £300 a go (pretty sure they're more expensive, but lets go conservative to include concessions), if the other half is made up of ticket purchases at £20 average(again, to be conservative), that's another £1,725,000....so £2,850,000 revenue a season just on home league ticket sales only.

I understand that there are plenty of other costs in running a football club, but £1m a year costs? This is before anyone has bought a burger, a coke, a replica shirt, before any money has come from sponsorship or cup games,etc.

Am I the only one that thinks that things aren't adding up? It worries me that comments are being made about selling players and cutting the wage budget, when a quick calculations seem to indicate that our budget is already very conservative for the amount of money that should be coming in.

Is this possibly Power's attempt to recoup his £2m that he claims to have put in to the club? Is there any evidence that he actually kept this in the club anyway?

Forgive me for being skeptical...but as happy as I am we didn't end up with Jed, I can't say I trust Power either. I have serious concerns Power is having a party on our wallets just as much as Jed was. If anyone is able to rationalsie the circumstances/debunk my concerns, I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

On top of the other responses to this, which I won't restate, it's worth pointing out that you've sort of ignored the clubs obligations to HMRC in your calculations of income.

I know the board have been quite happy to pretend that VAT doesn't apply to STFC in the past, but I'd hope we've improved on those days.

..never go back.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 08:41:18 »

On top of the other responses to this, which I won't restate, it's worth pointing out that you've sort of ignored the clubs obligations to HMRC in your calculations of income.

I know the board have been quite happy to pretend that VAT doesn't apply to STFC in the past, but I'd hope we've improved on those days.
Add to that Agents fees,on going court cases,outstanding transfer fees,loan fees etc
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 09:00:31 »

Add to that Agents fees,on going court cases,outstanding transfer fees,loan fees etc

Please don't overlook towel fees or assorted linen fees as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 09:31:10 »

Please don't overlook towel fees or assorted linen fees as well.

Or water and flowers, in the last Admin we owed over a grand to Culligan for water, and almost a grand to the flower shop bottom of Vic Hill.

Don't suppose the water was to stand the flowers in...

As for linen fees, easy to confuse the grand owed to British Linen, as somehow connected to cleaning fabrics, but in fact it's a finance arm of a Sweatie bank.  The cleaning linen grand owed to Paragon laundry.
Flashheart

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:19:31 »

He (Power) sounded more than a tad frustrated tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: