Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: ‘Prestigious’ Leeds set for County Ground tie  (Read 3745 times)
News Monkey

« on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 07:00:01 »

‘Prestigious’ Leeds set for County Ground tie

SWINDON Town are hoping for a good crowd when Leeds United arrive at the County Ground for a pre-season friendly this evening.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11371366.___Prestigious____Leeds_set_for_County_Ground_tie/?ref=rss

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 07:29:27 »

"“It’s prestigous. You’re playing against one of the biggest clubs in the world historically"

like fuck they are

I come from a land down-under
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 07:51:55 »

I'm more excited playing Hockaday rather than Leeds. Prestigious, do fuck off Cooper.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 08:01:59 »

Well they are a big club, and in a higher league than us, so Its not exactly a dull fixture, what would you expect anyone to say then?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 08:17:50 »

I'm going to this, first game since the end of the season. Don't really know why though...

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 08:50:46 »

Well they are a big club, and in a higher league than us, so Its not exactly a dull fixture, what would you expect anyone to say then?

I agree with this Sutton.

Yes, they aren't as 'big' as they were in the 70s when competing in Europe, but they have a big following, decent sized ground and for me are still a 'big' club.

Surely better to have a friendly against Leeds at home than say Stratton St Margaret FC? Some people just like a moan about anything - (yes, I know I have been guilty of this in the past too!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 08:59:33 »

I agree with this Sutton.

Yes, they aren't as 'big' as they were in the 70s when competing in Europe, but they have a big following, decent sized ground and for me are still a 'big' club.

Surely better to have a friendly against Leeds at home than say Stratton St Margaret FC? Some people just like a moan about anything - (yes, I know I have been guilty of this in the past too!)

Leeds is still a name, which evokes strong feelings of contempt in many of us older fans.....and it's a more interesting fixture than say a game v other Championship sides like Bormuff or Brentford.

Unfortunately, nobody I've spoken to is going...and I'm talking season ticket holders...the general consensus  being, that without any significant new signings to look at, the proper season is likely to be more than enough to watch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 09:01:31 »

Leeds is still a name, which evokes strong feelings of contempt in many of us older fans.....and it's a more interesting fixture than say a game v other Championship sides like Bormuff or Brentford.

Unfortunately, nobody I've spoken to is going...and I'm talking season ticket holders...the general consensus  being, that without any significant new signings to look at, the proper season is likely to be more than enough to watch.

Or Charlton? Who we seemingly binned off for this fixture.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 09:05:30 »

Or Charlton? Who we seemingly binned off for this fixture.

Yes or Charlton.  It will be interesting to see how many Leeds fans bother...historically there have been plenty of plastic Leeds fans in Swindon, but they must be getting a bit long in the tooth and probably prefer to keep quiet about it atm.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 09:31:46 »

"“It’s prestigous. You’re playing against one of the biggest clubs in the world historically"

like fuck they are

Given that Daddy played for them 250 times and young Mark presumably spent much of his early life at Elland Road, it's not really a surprise that he subscribes to the tedious 'WACCOE' attitude.

Still not to be sniffed at as a pre season friendly, someone told me on Saturday at Bromley that Dirty Lids had already shifted over a 1000 tickets for it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 13:16:45 »

It's a good way to get a bit of cash in, given their fanbase and the potential of a reasonable crowd. I'm not sure it's quite as appealing as Cooper thinks though - especially for a bunch of fans who watched Town turn them over 3-0 home and away just a few years back.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 13:42:00 »

"Only here,  to see the town.... "
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:12:05 »

"Only here,  to see the town.... "

Quite. Thoroughly put in their place that night. And then with the fire drill chant as Elland Road emptied with 30 minutes to go. Shame we didn't cap it off with a strong finish.
kerry red

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:22:16 »

Is the serial offender playing for them?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 17:38:02 »

Not sure... he hasn't signed for them yet I don't think. Is he still on trial?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: