Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A holiday warning.  (Read 4497 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 10:30:02 »

Buy a caravan and stick it on the drive.

Don't go anywhere,  just spend a week on your drive, put up the swingball on your front lawn, walk to your local pub for a few beers. Job done.

..but don't tell anyone that you've popped to the pub..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 12:31:28 »

Buy a caravan and stick it on the drive.

Don't go anywhere,  just spend a week on your drive, put up the swingball on your front lawn, walk to your local pub for a few beers. Job done.

And put the caravan on bricks so it cannot be towed away
Stevens

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 14:07:19 »

When I read the heading thought it would be about leaving your car with some of those Gatwick Mafia Meet and Greet companies.
My car has come back damaged twice this year when left.

Re getting your place robbed, more likely to be word of mouth that you are going on holiday from colleagues, heard down the pub, family relations than information given out.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 15:32:46 »

Re getting your place robbed, more likely to be word of mouth that you are going on holiday from colleagues, heard down the pub, family relations than information given out.

Or put on Facebook along with pictures
kerry red

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 15:56:06 »

Get Macauley Caulkin to house-sit
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 15:56:55 »

Burn your house down before you leave.
Barry Scott

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 16:26:09 »

2) Do not use your own mobile phone number. That will also be logged on a database and can also be tracked to a specific address.

A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 16:28:53 »

I always fake my own signature on bank cards and cheques. Always have done.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 18:50:55 »

Sometimes I give a fake name when ordering in Starbucks.

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 18:57:04 »

Bogus Bogus Dave.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 19:48:18 »

Seems pointless, not like what you tell them corresponds with the name written on the drink at all.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 14:21:24 »

I had to go out on Fleet Street at lunchtime and walked past a shop with some English and foreign papers outside in a stand which brought me back to when I was younger and we were on Holiday pre-smart/mobile phones.

I can remember waking up early on the Monday after a Swindon game and running to the nearest shop which supplied English papers to flick through and find out the weekend's result.

Nowadays when abroad, I merely find a pub with wifi and follow on this or Twitter.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 14:43:49 »

I had to go out on Fleet Street at lunchtime and walked past a shop with some English and foreign papers outside in a stand which brought me back to when I was younger and we were on Holiday pre-smart/mobile phones.

I can remember waking up early on the Monday after a Swindon game and running to the nearest shop which supplied English papers to flick through and find out the weekend's result.

Nowadays when abroad, I merely find a pub with wifi and follow on this or Twitter.

One of life's pleasures for me, when going on holiday is to ignore football etc, more difficult to do these days, but somehow  the point of a holiday is to get away from it all.

For some years it seemed all I had to do was go away and I'd come back to find we had a new manager.  Another favourite was going away mid March in 76, when we looked for all money, down, following a home defeat to Mansfield, and coming back in late April to discover we had in fact stayed up after winning 4 out of 5 or something.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 15:56:33 »

This was my life throughout my early years in France. If I hadn't been sitting next to the World Service at 6pm on Saturday, I'd have to go down the station on Monday morning for a shifty flick through the back pages of whichever English Sunday paper was in. It was very frustrating, but the sense of anticipation as I opened the page was overwhelming.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 15:58:20 »

This was my life throughout my early years in France. If I hadn't been sitting next to the World Service at 6pm on Saturday, I'd have to go down the station on Monday morning for a shifty flick through the back pages of whichever English Sunday paper was in. It was very frustrating, but the sense of anticipation as I opened the page was overwhelming.

I can remember the nervous anticipation of A. Not being caught flicking through the paper (I rarely would buy one) and B. finding out how we had done.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: