Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A holiday warning.  (Read 4498 times)
Hammer

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 01:40:34 »

I know this may sound obvious and trivial to some, but since the "kids" are off school I would like to offer the following advice.
Many of you have intentions of going away for a while, whether abroad or domestically. Some of you will use a taxi or airport transfer service to help you on your way. Those modes of transport are now almost fully computerised with regard to the information you have provided. And so the danger. To put it bluntly, some individuals will offer information to an "unknown" 3rd party for up to £50 a shot, meaning that they can divulge information suggesting that your house may be vacant and therefore open to burglary.

I propose thus:

1) Should you pre-order a taxi etc, do so from an address which is different to your own i.e. from the house of a friend or relative, anything other than your home address.

2) Do not use your own mobile phone number. That will also be logged on a database and can also be tracked to a specific address. Use a landline or a friend's mobile number.

So often these days I've seen a good holiday wrecked by a family returning to an empty house.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 06:20:40 »

3) wrap your head in tinfoil, its the only way to be sure.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 07:02:44 »

4) Book a taxi to the "airport" but actually get someone to bring you back home so you can catch the burglar in the act!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 07:03:38 »

I know this may sound obvious and trivial to some, but since the "kids" are off school I would like to offer the following advice.
Many of you have intentions of going away for a while, whether abroad or domestically. Some of you will use a taxi or airport transfer service to help you on your way. Those modes of transport are now almost fully computerised with regard to the information you have provided. And so the danger. To put it bluntly, some individuals will offer information to an "unknown" 3rd party for up to £50 a shot, meaning that they can divulge information suggesting that your house may be vacant and therefore open to burglary.

I propose thus:

1) Should you pre-order a taxi etc, do so from an address which is different to your own i.e. from the house of a friend or relative, anything other than your home address.

2) Do not use your own mobile phone number. That will also be logged on a database and can also be tracked to a specific address. Use a landline or a friend's mobile number.
So your mate's house gets burgled instead? Nice.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 07:05:24 »

5) Never, under any circumstances,  leave your property unguarded. 24 hour surveillance cameras, security patrols hourly,  trip wires and booby traps should ensure your holiday is carefree.

It's All Good..............
Amir

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 07:09:11 »

So your mate's house gets burgled instead? Nice.

Yeah, and possibly while they're home, but fuck it, at least it's not your house.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 07:16:16 »

Don't publicise your holiday on social media. Easy target for a robbery.

Now, ain't that just like me?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 07:26:57 »

Don't go on holiday
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 07:59:31 »

Don't use travel agents or airlines either as they will have details of when you are away as well as you home address.  
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 09:12:40 by jutty274 » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 08:48:42 »

Don't leave your house under any circumstances.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 08:50:00 »

If you're a 'holiday goer', just buy a mobile home...then you can take it with you.

Problem solved.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 09:39:24 »

Except everyone local knows you are away, because the mobile home isn't on the drive..
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 09:40:39 »

Except everyone local knows you are away, because the mobile home isn't on the drive..

But if you permanently live in it, they can't rob it if you have it with you.. Grin

Roaming the land while you sleep..
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 09:47:28 »

Buy a caravan and stick it on the drive.

Don't go anywhere,  just spend a week on your drive, put up the swingball on your front lawn, walk to your local pub for a few beers. Job done.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 10:26:41 »

And pop inside for a crap. I can see lots of benefits with that idea.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: