Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Benson joins Luton after release from Swindon  (Read 3650 times)
News Monkey

« on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:00:04 »

Benson joins Luton after release from Swindon

PAUL Benson has joined Luton Town on a full-time basis following his release from Swindon Town this summer.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11357650.Benson_joins_Luton_after_release_from_Swindon/?ref=rss

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:38:05 »

Took their time, didn't they?
kerry red

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:54:29 »

Not as long as us, though
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:58:38 »

I don't understand all the complimentary comments. He sucked every last penny out of a big contract, only contributed to the club for about 1/3 the time he was here and was found wanting once we made it into the 1st Div.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:07:32 »

Agree with that.

And what is going on with that neck?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:09:12 »

That was the clubs fault for offering him a very lucrative contract and one that was two and half years long for a player who was 32/33 at the time?

If I had a choice of taking the money on a stupid contract or taking much less for a conference side, I know which one I would take.  Especially if I was coming to the end of my career.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:09:34 »

He was a decent pro and conducted himself well around the club throughout. Played a big part in getting us out of Div 2 and only had a handful of starts the next season. Hardly his fault PDC/Wray signed him up on a big contract and then didn't play him.
REDBUCK

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:18:38 »

And knocked Wigan out of the F A Cup which more than paid his way.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:23:05 »

Pretty much frozen out the day after he seemed to side with caddis on babygate, coincidentally I'm sure.

What a bastard.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:38:17 »

Pretty much frozen out the day after he seemed to side with caddis on babygate, coincidentally I'm sure.

What a bastard.

Yup.

Good luck to Benson.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:42:36 »

I don't understand all the complimentary comments. He sucked every last penny out of a big contract, only contributed to the club for about 1/3 the time he was here and was found wanting once we made it into the 1st Div.

Fuck that, not exactly his fault that PDC offered that deal to him, or Jedco wouldnt pay the bonuses is it.

Tight, skint, cunts.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 18:12:28 »

He was a decent pro and conducted himself well around the club throughout. Played a big part in getting us out of Div 2 and only had a handful of starts the next season. Hardly his fault PDC/Wray signed him up on a big contract and then didn't play him.

You missed the part where King Paolo said he would buy and play Benson at whatever level he managed at, such was his professionalism. Then gave him about 7 minutes in League One before shipping him out.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 19:50:14 »

I met him a couple of times: seemed like a decent bloke who felt privileged to be a professional footballer, and who was gutted at getting frozen out.

I'd also say he was a class act as a player, give or take Nile, the best we've had up top for a few years.

And then there's Wigan - anyone seen that statue?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 19:54:30 »

He gave his all.  When footballers do that, they generally get a good press from the fans.

The contract situation was not (entirely) of his making.  We'd all do the same.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 22:48:06 »

Good luck to him, scored most of the match-winning goals that made us go up as champions of L2. Always a nice guy and deserves no ill will.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: