Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Postage, of the letter kind  (Read 4315 times)
kerry red

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 10:25:25 »

The last time I exchanged letters was in the 70s when I was posted to the Middle East and wife No. 1 was at home shagging a policeman.

Ho hum!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 10:30:40 »

The last time I exchanged letters was in the 70s when I was posted to the Middle East and wife No. 1 was at home shagging a policeman.

Ho hum!

Presumably letters to a solicitor....
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 10:39:06 »

At least it wasn't another squaddie, which seems to be the norm!

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 10:44:20 »

The days of sending birds letters etc, meant you had to have an address book.  I've still got, a quality little red bound thing, of size somewhere between the old 60's driving licence book, and a passport.

Quite good fun looking back through it  Smiley  It appears that the keenest birds, liked to write their details in themselves, probably not trusting me, due to propensity for out of headness.

The days of text put an end to it, however, I had a nice collection of birds phone numbers on my ancient Nokia, up until about a month ago, when I needed a new SIM card, the fella at EE, assured me that everything on the old card would go across to the new card, but it didn't  Sad

The active ones, aren't a problem to get back, but it's the loss of the history which annoys.
Reg, my wife lost all her phone nos. when she changed phones as well last week despite assurances from Tesco mobile that they would all transfer.  She went back in and complained, they did it for her with a small piece of kit - not available to the public apparently.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 10:45:59 »

Ho hum!

was he taking down her particulars ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 10:54:56 »

Reg, my wife lost all her phone nos. when she changed phones as well last week despite assurances from Tesco mobile that they would all transfer.  She went back in and complained, they did it for her with a small piece of kit - not available to the public apparently.

Interesting, I didn't change phone though, just SIM card which they gave me for nothing....it makes the phone work, so I don't feel inclined to complain.  Useful knowledge for future reference though.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 11:02:06 »

Contacts are either stored on the phone itself or on the SIM.

It's simple to transfer from one to the other, there's no fancy machinery involved, so I don't know what bullshit the phone shop are giving you. I suppose they could be using a SIM card reader plugged into a PC, but it's not exactly rocket science.

Old SIM in the phone > copy contacts from SIM to phone > swap to new SIM > copy contacts to new SIM. Job done.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 11:29:33 »

It's simple to transfer from one to the other, there's no fancy machinery involved, so I don't know what bullshit the phone shop are giving you. I suppose they could be using a SIM card reader plugged into a PC, but it's not exactly rocket science.

Old SIM in the phone > copy contacts from SIM to phone > swap to new SIM > copy contacts to new SIM. Job done.

I store all mine on Hotmail - which I then sync with my phone - that way I'll never lose them
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 12:08:07 »

As I said I know jack shit, but think I could maybe manage that...
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 13:36:56 »

Use an App called "SuperBackup" Does contacts and a whole lot more. TEXTS/SMS, Apps, Call Logs, Calendar and Bookamrks.

Got it because I hate losing texts when changing phones.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: